Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Guess I saw Georgia and assumed they were a small company with lower overhead. So, where are they made? I know almost everyone is going overseas. Doesnt mean a whole lot to me as long as your giving a lifetime warranty, probably better workers overseas anyway. I work at a machine shop that does lots of different work and dont think our product is better just because we're Americans. I wouldnt hire the majority of employees if I had my own business. Not trying to get political just saying what I feel. I am interested in the bikes thought. Currently have a Cannondale Prophet and am always looking for a better fitting bike. I'll be lurking to see the progress of the Asta and reviews of buyers here. Any idea if they fixed the minor complaints of seatpost clamp? Also, I thought a company that doesnt produce forks and shocks bought Manitou. Is it still a good product?

·
wannabe corporate shill
365 Posts
The bikes are made in Taiwan (A LOT of other bike companies do the same). My general understanding is that the taiwanese plants are high tech and use skilled workers who actually get paid pretty well.

·
I don't wear a watch.
180 Posts
Yes!

siv said:
Any idea if they fixed the minor complaints of seatpost clamp?
Jack told us in another thread that the Asta has a new seatpost clamp for 2008. A little heavier, but more secure. :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
I should have said Atlas seatclamp. Any thoughts on the Manitou thing? Fox is taking over the internals on Cannondales Leftys, Manitou used to do it till they got bought.

·
I don't wear a watch.
180 Posts
siv said:
I should have said Atlas seatclamp. Any thoughts on the Manitou thing? Fox is taking over the internals on Cannondales Leftys, Manitou used to do it till they got bought.
Well, as far as we know at this point, there will be no 2008 Atlas. If you are interested in an Atlas, I suggest you read thru this thread to get an understanding of where things stand with the Atlas.

I'll let someone else speak about the Fox/Manitou question as I don't know enough about either company to speak intelligently about them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts