Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SamuraiBunnyGuy
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at coming down mine trail at hawes (clockwise) right after the mine. i've gone this direction at least 50 times but just missed the line between the 2 rocks and flipped the bike almost 10 feet off the hillside.
i am so glad there were no cactus right there, but i did get a 1" rock gash on my forearm (currently held together with liquid skin and butterfly wound strips)
It will definitely leave a scar, but luckily its not ON the elbow, and it runs lengthwise with my arm so it doesn't get pulled open when i bend my elbow.

i don't consciously remember stopping the recording after i crashed, so the rest of the ride i kept thinking "it better have been on. it better have been on"

·
dirt visionary
6,503 Posts
Good one :D

·
No Clue Crew
4,107 Posts
i was at coming down mine trail at hawes (clockwise) right after the mine. i've gone this direction at least 50 times but just missed the line between the 2 rocks and flipped the bike almost 10 feet off the hillside.
i am so glad there were no cactus right there, but i did get a 1" rock gash on my forearm (currently held together with liquid skin and butterfly wound strips)
If I had a dollar for every time I crashed on an easy section I've ridden more times than I can remember I'd have quite a few dollars. That's why:

That's why I always wear my armor. It's my cheap insurance and anti-bad-luck charm. Never know when it'll come in handy.
EXACTLY!

GREAT first crash video!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I went over the bars myself on Sunday. I have not had so many scrapes since riding BMX in high school. I ordered some armor yesterday and I think I'm going to incorporate my old BMX shin guards as well. At least for the Dh stuff.

Good times, hope you heal up fast and pain-less.

·
GONE
25,586 Posts
LHM, it's interesting to watch a crash from that perspective. Glad you didn't get hurt bad.

I've been air lifted to the hospital before myself after a horrifying bike accident and it took 13+ weeks for my wounds to finally close up but that hasn't stopped me from continuing to roll on two wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts