Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Technical help with totem solo air requested

I just installed a totem on my bike. First ride it already broke. It seems like the air is leaking because the suspension feels like there is no spring in it.
But when I screw on the shock pump it says 50PSI so the air isn't leaking to the outside.

It is covered in warranty but I have a bike trip planned next week so it probably wont be back in time.

Does anybody know what the problem is and if I could fix it myself?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just took of the top cap off. there is saw the piston with 3 loose parts one of them is a circlips ring(I think it is called this way) So the piston is loose of the piston rod.

Does anybody have a manual of taking of the lower legs? And a exploded view of the fork?

There is a small amount of oil on the piston when I dissasemble the fork and put it back together where should there be oil? and wath kind of?

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
SRAM has technical manuals on their website, but the only service guide is for the 2-Step. It might have enough info to help you out though...

http://www.sram.com/en/service/rockshox/view.php?catID=1&subcatID=14

I have the same fork you do, but I have never disassembled it because I haven't had any troubles. But the schematics I have seen seem simple, I think you could probably figure out how to fix it.

Yes, there should be oil on top of the positive spring piston.

JMH

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the tip JMH I already figured it out with the pike manual.
It seems like a ring got loose. Fixed it and now it is working again.

Will call Sram tomorrow to tell.
I used 2.5W oil in stead of 15W oil because I didn't have the 15W oil. IS this bad for the fork?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had contact with sram. It probably was a production error, the ring has 2 different sides.

In my totem there seems to be no bottom out bumper. There are bumpers underneath the piston but these seem to work as a top out bumper to me.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
I don't think the weight of the oil matters too much, it is just there to help create an air seal.

JMH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts