Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

I got a couple laps in tonight on my new DH bike. First 29'er DH bike I've ridden and my first time on a Fox 49 (Grip2). All I can say is this thing is fast and charges over everything. I want to put this fork on every bike I own. I need to spend a lot more time dialing everything in but so far I have zero complaints. I think the Onza Aquila's are my new favorite tires as well. Better than my trusty DHF's. I may give them a go on my trail bike and as long as they don't roll as slow as DHR's they're a winner. I'm a little over 6' and went with an xtra long. It's definitely a big bike but for going flat out that's a good thing. I think I'll be swapping the stem for something 10mm shorter (a 40mm) and maybe going to a reach reducing headset if I still feel like I want a little less reach. I'm fairly confident the shorter stem will do the trick though. Won't be able to get to some real lift accessed terrain for another few weeks though. Planning on hitting Angel Fire opening weekend if it's worth it. For the price (and 20% off) I'm super impressed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.