Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
rocky iv style
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know not everyone is big on the pink 1x1, but I got mine back from the shop, fully built on friday, my first true SS rig. Baptism was yesterday, and man did it feel good. Love the way mud contrasts the pink. You guys do a good job of convincing people of the joys of SS. Just wondering if anyone else has their stinky pinky built yet, or put it to its tests yet?

by the way...Pink Unit of Surly Single Speed Yahoo's ??
could be P-Unit for short for the hip hop fans!

·
rocky iv style
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics

got a sweet pic of the badge, and the mud everywhere else. Unfortunately don't have internet at home and not sure about doing the pic thing at work :(
Just picture Barbie in a mud wrestling match!

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
ShockStar said:
got a sweet pic of the badge, and the mud everywhere else. Unfortunately don't have internet at home and not sure about doing the pic thing at work :(
Just picture Barbie in a mud wrestling match!
I ordered mine on Thursday last week but i dont think it has arrived yet. where did it ship from? i'm in NYC but have no clue where it's coming from so no idea when it might arrive. I'll have to wait until saturday to have it built up regardless...

·
rocky iv style
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
correct me if i'm wrong...

but i think surly only comes from qbp, both of which are located in the twin cities...that's minneapolis and st. paul for those nonmidweterners. i live two and a half hours from the cities so my lbs gets everything from qbp overnight...which doesn't suck. honestly, you'll love it. i was like a giddy schoolgirl waiting at the shop when ups showed up. i got to open the box myself :) trust me, you will love the stares you get from the 99% of people on the street (the one's who just don't get it)

·
rocky iv style
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah,

and the shop was as excited as i was, so it arrived at noon and was fully built by 1:30 p.m., so i got to ride it home after work...after they test-rode it of course!

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
ShockStar said:
and the shop was as excited as i was, so it arrived at noon and was fully built by 1:30 p.m., so i got to ride it home after work...after they test-rode it of course!
yeah the people at my shop cant wait to see it either. they all said they wish they made more money building bikes so they could buy one too.

I have a pretty cool build going onto mine so it should be quite a bit of fun to ride. i cant wait to see how the purple ano chris king headset matches with the pink frame...

·
rocky iv style
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my build

Spookykinkajou said:
yeah the people at my shop cant wait to see it either. they all said they wish they made more money building bikes so they could buy one too.

I have a pretty cool build going onto mine so it should be quite a bit of fun to ride. i cant wait to see how the purple ano chris king headset matches with the pink frame...

I couldn't really afford the frame, but couldn't afford to pass it up either, so it got built with parts cannabalized from my p.1=heavy. it will be upgraded one component at a time once i pay the credit card off from buying the frame. for now its one speed and i can climb fairly well with it, so that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My pink 1x1 arrives tomorrow

Can I be in the club too????
I ordered my bike last thursday, and it should be here tomorrow. It will be a while before I build it, I have to steal parts off of the 1 FG cannondale. I owned a non disc surly a last year, and sold it. I have regreted that sale for a long time, untill I saw the pink deal.

The 1x1 rides awesone, very stout but compliant. This is the bike will see its first action at the 24 hours of Snowshoe single/rigid class. Hope you guys enjoy your bikes.

Setting the "fad" llike a Sorority Girl......team Barbie

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
SS Ryder said:
Can I be in the club too????
I ordered my bike last thursday, and it should be here tomorrow. It will be a while before I build it, I have to steal parts off of the 1 FG cannondale. I owned a non disc surly a last year, and sold it. I have regreted that sale for a long time, untill I saw the pink deal.

The 1x1 rides awesone, very stout but compliant. This is the bike will see its first action at the 24 hours of Snowshoe single/rigid class. Hope you guys enjoy your bikes.

Setting the "fad" llike a Sorority Girl......team Barbie

maybe we can make a special club with special shirts and stickers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts