Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't pass up the deal Randall Scott had during the holidays. Received the bike on Tuesday and took it out for it's maiden voyage tonight... All I can say is OMG what a great bike. Climbs great! handles tight/fast single track great. All around a great bike. I think it even rides better than my old '05 stumpy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bob Loblaw said:
Im lordoftheblings on sce. You had a T-req right? Anyway were doing a saturday San Juan Trail shuttle so if your interested PM me and ill give you my number.
Hey, what's up? Corey right?. how are things at Magnaflow? Doing some trail work on La Costa Saturday but keep me posted on other rides.

·
Registered
93 Posts
yeah man. Im sorry but was it Bryan?
Im terrible with names. just aweful. MagnaFlow's good. cant complain. just put a new motor in my gti, got coilovers, cams, hc headgasket.

Still driving the t-reg? I think the last time we talked as the Socal Euro deal in the parking lot when you had just bought the t-reg.

Im gonna go buy a helmet cam tonight for Tomorrows ride.

·
Registered
75 Posts
nefarious said:
Couldn't pass up the deal Randall Scott had during the holidays. Received the bike on Tuesday and took it out for it's maiden voyage tonight... All I can say is OMG what a great bike. Climbs great! handles tight/fast single track great. All around a great bike. I think it even rides better than my old '05 stumpy
i have mine since few weeks ... but i wouldn't say is do-it-all bike like some folks here wrote, but it has his strengths

climbs good and efficient, corners well, no brake influence on suspension and when cornering ... but i wouldn't say that the rear suspension is very sensitive. Could be the stock shock (float R) ... but my ex-bike was better in this category (but worse in all others :) )
Now I want to try a coil fork and shock on mkIII-frame.

·
Advanced Slacker
15,571 Posts
outfaced said:
... but i wouldn't say that the rear suspension is very sensitive. Could be the stock shock (float R) ... but my ex-bike was better in this category (but worse in all others :) )
How much sag are you running?

What was your last bike?

·
Registered
75 Posts
sag is about 25-30% ... still experimenting with this
over 30% sag it is a little bit better but also it is pretty easy to get a bottom out
rebound - fully open

my previous frame was (to say it short) like this one

but with 5" travel + RS ario/pearl shock
the other parts ware the same like on the mkiii now

Next step is to test the ario on the mkiii. I have the feeling it response quicker ... but that is in the garage :rolleyes: ... must get out to test it. But it has to wait ... it is snow everywhere around now :D

so ... those are my first impressions

·
Advanced Slacker
15,571 Posts
outfaced said:
sag is about 25-30% ... still experimenting with this
over 30% sag it is a little bit better but also it is pretty easy to get a bottom out
rebound - fully open

my previous frame was (to say it short) like this one

but with 5" travel + RS ario/pearl shock
the other parts ware the same like on the mkiii now

Next step is to test the ario on the mkiii. I have the feeling it response quicker ... but that is in the garage :rolleyes: ... must get out to test it. But it has to wait ... it is snow everywhere around now :D

so ... those are my first impressions
Interesting, I had an Azonic Saber before the MKIII. Horst Link, with 5 or 6 inches travel. I found the MKIII to be more sensitive. I run about 30-33% sag, and I have a PUSH'ed AVA, so that may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hmm ... it seems that the fox float shock doesn't like temperature under 5 grad Celsius.
It goes pretty different when I first rode it yesterday and it was warmer.:thumbsup:

Anyway ... just for the protocol - in my opinion ario is worse then a float (for MKIII) :p

and that was my previous frame (links are self made :) )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.