Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the bike this week and have been eagerly waiting to ride it. Today i finally had that chance.

Coming from a Comp Carbon Epic i noticed right away that it's a more relaxed type of ride. Actually, just what i was hoping for. Don't get me wrong it's no slouch! On climbs the epic is hands down faster and more efficient. That bike is a mountain goat with wheels! The Camber climbs quite well too. Better than i expected. I might consider a 30t chainring in the future though. On flat ground i don't notice any significant difference. On narly sections and descents, the camber truly shines. Geometry is spot on. The pike fork is phenomenal. It's stiff and well controlled. One thing that worried me before buying the bike were the brakes as they had so so reviews. Well on this particular ride i found the formulas excellent. They had good power, modulation and were silent. A lot better than the mts Maguras on the epic.

If anyone is considering this bike i highly recommend it! By the way i have upgraded the bike with Roval Control Carbon wheels :cool:

Happy riding!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
How come xc carbon rovals ? Leftovers from another bike ? Not sure if I would push them to their limits with drops and stuff.

I've placed an sworks carbon bar myself and it really makes a difference in terms of stiffness and feedback,amazing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How come xc carbon rovals ? Leftovers from another bike ? Not sure if I would push them to their limits with drops and stuff.

I've placed an sworks carbon bar myself and it really makes a difference in terms of stiffness and feedback,amazing.
Yeah, i had them on my epic. These aren't sl's. I don't think I'm going to break them though. I weigh less than 65 kgs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.