Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Don't Stop Spinnin'!
659 Posts
build him a ramp!

and his bike is in desperate need of some better tires! maybe some Kenda Nevegals?

cute kid man! get him on the trails early. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the tire suggestion but the slick plastic is easier to move on packed snow the tire didn't even roll , the cool thing is that he got his bike out all by himself while I was shoveling the snow so I think he has the bug in him already. he love to ride in his burly trailer get in it on his own and says ride ride. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gave it to him for his first christmas and only in the last 6 months he can finally use it on his own , I like that firt photo he is pushing for all he has.

·
clyde in training
1,917 Posts
Don't be afraid to put him on a real bike too soon, my brother was riding w/o training wheels when he we two years old. He looks like a champ, post more pics as he progresses.

·
Because I am !
1,307 Posts
Awesome !

That is just awesome dadat40. I like that game face also. Sounds like you
have the wheels he needs and are heading in the right direction.
Get him on two wheels as soon as you can. My son only had training wheels on his for about a year and a half. At age three he came to me while camping (he was riding around the campground) and told me he wanted those things off there. Took them off, he jumped on, didn't fall over and
has been going like a champ every since. Age 5 started singletrack and by
age 7 we were riding nasty XC trails like Snowshoe and that area of WV.
Last year at age 11 he decided he wanted to try a few XC races, so we
tried a few and had a blast. Even talked his old man into trying it with him.

It's great, you have so much to look forward to. Keep that camera handy,
you'll want it every time you ride. It's nice to go back over the years and
see where you have been and what you have enjoyed together.

Ride on !!!

ODN

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are very excited for summer this year , last summer we tried camping had a great time all day took turns fishing and watching Zach but when it came time to sleep in the tent he did not understand we ended driveing around in the mountains til he fell asleep went back to camp and he woke as soon as got to tent and ended up sleeping on top of mom rest of night , not much sleep for any of us that night . We came home late the next day and slept in our own beds.
This summer I am going to set tent up at home to play in for a week and sleep out at home before going to the hills.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.