Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RCC and I decided to tackle the Foothills. I think with one or two more days of snowmelt we might be able to start shedding those holiday pounds. Here are some images. Most of the lower trails are rideable with the exception of some arroyos and northern slopes.

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
nice bryan.if we get no more snow this week,the foothills should be fun this coming weekend:D .it's been a while i spend two hours riding and only cover five miles of rididng:D but never the less it was a good journey.peace.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RichieRich said:
Thanks for the picts, nice to see it clearing up. How is the mud looking?? I would hate to get my new bike muddy.;)
Wetness is abundant! Not really mud in the usual sense. The amount of moisture saturated within the decomposed granite actually makes for great traction. However, there is still a significant amount of snow in some places. By "rideable" I don't necessarily mean free of snow, you definitely have to work for it.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mister Popularity.....

makachut said:
that's some nice Nolina microcarpa /aka beargrass{top pic.} along that trail.Thanks, for the update on the Alb. conditions.
Are you trying to steal my spotlight?:D I used to be the one everybody loved to hate. Thats OK! I needed a break. Yeah...Foothills should be good to go if we ever get above 29 degrees. Are you gonna come down for the Volcanos? Where the heck is Stefan?

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Are you trying to steal my spotlight?:D I used to be the one everybody loved to hate. Thats OK! I needed a break. Yeah...Foothills should be good to go if we ever get above 29 degrees. Are you gonna come down for the Volcanos? Where the heck is Stefan?
Popular?Maybe I should run for mayor.
I told you once and now twice ,your my Hero.
I'll come down and ride ...no fight clubs,,, cann't afford to get in trouble.
Stefan, is pulling his turtle's neck in the Yucatan.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
makachut said:
Popular?Maybe I should run for mayor.
I told you once and now twice ,your my Hero.
I'll come down and ride ...no fight clubs,,, cann't afford to get in trouble.
Stefan, is pulling his turtle's neck in the Yucatan.
:eek: I hope you like riding solo. I can prolly hang with ya for about a mile. I have never once ridden up there. I heard it is pretty sandy and somewhat flat with lots of jeep road. The foothills should be clean. If we opt for that I can string together 30+ easy!

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Say's you...

You guys are lazy. I've been riding every day.

It's a lot closer to refreshments.

With the low humidity, remember to stay hydrated.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lmao....

What the hell is that Bruce...A ROAD BIKE or a very poorly designed paper weight? Looks like Santa confused the milk for beer and dropped off the wrong present. Some poor roady is wondering what the hell to do with a 30lb mtn. bike. Have you called the north pole to check their return policy?:p

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
makachut said:
Speaking from a traditional stand point one should be wearing a white lycra skin suit and be positioned in front of a window , for the neighbors viewing ,while riding the trainer.
Unless your notaknob....He probably tried that once and the neighborhood association had to grandfather some ammendment into their policies and procedures handbook due too many complaints.:D

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
On the road again...

Mtn. Biker123 said:
What the hell is that Bruce...A ROAD BIKE or a very poorly designed paper weight?
That's the specialized version of a cross bike. I actually <gasp> ride to work when it's above farking freezing in the morning.

I'd had that trainer in the garage until last week when I got sick of sitting around. Having the kegerator right next to me makes the pain of indoor riding easier to swallow... That and a Grappa chaser. Thanks Grandpa Coffele

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ooops...

notaknob said:
That's the specialized version of a cross bike. I actually <gasp> ride to work when it's above farking freezing in the morning.

I'd had that trainer in the garage until last week when I got sick of sitting around. Having the kegerator right next to me makes the pain of indoor riding easier to swallow... That and a Grappa chaser. Thanks Grandpa Coffele
now that you mention it, I vaguely remember you admitting that you owned one of those "other" bikes. Though, I think it was on accident and you quickly changed the subject. JK...hey you must be a closet roadie because you sure don't maintain you MTB by the same standard. Or Renata probably has something to do with that by the looks of the rest of the house.

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
notaknob said:
You guys are lazy. I've been riding every day.

It's a lot closer to refreshments.

With the low humidity, remember to stay hydrated.

the site must be down,all i see it's red x's....never mind i see them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.