Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out ont he trails maybe 6 timeds or so. Mostly just for 90 minutes and what not. I'm a pretty avid crit racer and decided to start mountain biking to change it up a bit. Needless to say, I've been having a good time. Today, a few guys took me out. It was my first time clipless in the mountains. Learned a lot about descending (I go up well from my crit fitness), trusting the bike, and riding in mud. Nothing to brag about but it was super fun and a nice change from the normal 50 mile Sunday ride to Starbucks and back.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/69311662

Couple pics:

I'm on the left. You can see the snowy mountains in the back. Never guess it's So Cal!

Flat repair on a hill

That's me in back. The guys I rode with spent a lot of time waiting for me. But, I'll get there.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
Congratulations! You’re hooked now! I was a rabid roadie from 1988 until 2009 (although I was a mountain biker from 1982 to 1988), and early last year I sort of jumped back on in to the mountain biking lifestyle, riding trails and having a blast. I ended up selling my road bike even!!! Don’t get me wrong, riding hecka fast and sprinting up paved roads is a blast on a road bike, but there is this whole sense of being a little kid again when riding a mountain bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.