Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming off of a road and triathlon background, although I did race mtb in college in Colorado in 1986-7. (West Elk road club in Gunnison, still have the road and mtn jerseys!). I did get/ride a 2006 Fuji Tahoe Comp for a leg of the Barnburner 104 last year, but I don't count that.

Just picked up a 2013 Specialized Camber (Base model), and after getting two new rotors, tires and tubes along with a front wheel and maintenance, total price (used) is $825. I think it has aftermarket bars on it as well, I'll have to check again tonight.

Will be doing basic trails, with an eye towards doing some of the endurance racing here in Arizona, and looking forward to getting reacquainted with mtbs!

John

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as it's in good condition that's a heck of deal. Enjoy!
Yeah, had to replace the front wheel entirely (didn't come with bike, but I knew about that), and got lucky with a board member that had one for cheap. Had to put on both front and back rotors, and have a couple spokes replaced on back wheel and have it trued, but frame is almost pristine, other than needs a cleaning.

(edited to add: The $825 was total price including wheel stuff, the guy ate shipping as a gesture since the back wheel was so bad.)

Looking forward to it, I'd forgotten how much fun an mtb is!

John

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats actually a really good deal for that bike. What kind of wheels are on there right now? Tubeless ready?
The rear is the standard that came with the original Camber, and it is set up for Stans, although for now I'm just keeping the stem and running tubes. The front came off of a Camber carbon, and it's not set up for no tubes.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts