Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before this I had a Specialized Hard Rock rigid from year ~2000.

My LBS has the Cannondale SL4 for $650 + tax

Trek Mamba $850 + tax

My friend was worried about the c-dale not having a name brand shock (rebuilds down the road?) and it not having hydraulic brakes.

I don't have a lot of good LBS in my area (Dayton, OH), because I really wanted to check out some Specialized bikes but no one has them in town.

I plan to ride whatever is around here, I saw some cool trails in Covington, KY. So maybe light DH and XC. Will also ride it on a <1 mi commute, not too worried about that.

Is the Cannondale SL4 a good bike for me?

6'2" 225 lbs

·
Registered
627 Posts
Your topic is misleading, "Real" bike.....the two you listed are not real, they are figments of your imagination......If you are able to spend above/around $1000, do it, it will get you into better components and like your friend said, more name brand quality stuff. Try to find 2011 left overs that are at a bargain right now = a 2011 bike was $1600 now on sale at $1000.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your topic is misleading, "Real" bike.....the two you listed are not real, they are figments of your imagination......If you are able to spend above/around $1000, do it, it will get you into better components and like your friend said, more name brand quality stuff. Try to find 2011 left overs that are at a bargain right now = a 2011 bike was $1600 now on sale at $1000.

:thumbsup:
Ok well im sorry i dont know what a real bike is

$1000 is 35% more than I really want to spend.

what should I look for specifically?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone want to chime in here or did the thread title put everyone off

I was going to ride it again today and maybe purchase... but now i dont know??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i bought the cannondale and i think its badass

ill use the money i saved to buy a GoPro camera and show you how guise good how a "figment of my imagination" rips up the trails

·
Registered
886 Posts
good call on the bike, you won't be disappointed

let the haters hate on here while you are out riding!
If your happy with it thats all that matters. Just be aware that Cannondale uses 1.5 headtube and there are alot less forks and stems to choose from unless you want to use an headset adaptor to 1 1/8. I'm getting ready to swap the 1.5 fork out for most likley a Reba RL strait 1 1/8. Not that the current one is that bad, just want to shave some weight. Also will be swapping out crank and shifters to SLX or XT, not sure how much I want to spend yet. Happy riding and post some pics of the new Candy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.