Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a ride this afternoon that started out so perfect. It was myself and my friend Fishercat on a HP journey. All systems were a go. Trails and weather were perfect. Just about to begin my favorite climb, I decide to adjust my saddle pivot a touch. Just then, snap. I break the bolt and have to finish the ride with no saddle. Yikes!

Better luck next time.

Greg

·
Registered
695 Posts
Jeez Greg

You've got to be more prepared when you ride my friend. I never ride anywhere without an assortment of every bolt on my bike, an extra rear shock, two tires, a stem, seatpost, a front and rear pre-bled hydro brake set, including rotors (you never know) and a fork. Being prepared just lets me relax and enjoiy the ride more. ;) :D

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I hate to say it but you jinxed yourself on sunday. sometime creaks are agood thing to just leave alone. then when they do cause a problem it's catostrophic. =) I negelted a seat creak once. As I was decending a rocky shoot, the bolt gave way and the thudbuster flung my seat past my head as I was kareening to the ground. quite the sight.

FYI, I looked on a map to see where we went on sunday. wow we were out there.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
email sent to Greg before I saw this.

I'd like to vote for an afternoon ride, say 2pm? I'll be in providence saturday night and need time to get home and grab the bike.

FYI: I might try to squeeze in an early ride saturday morning if I can.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brianc said:
email sent to Greg before I saw this.

I'd like to vote for an afternoon ride, say 2pm? I'll be in providence saturday night and need time to get home and grab the bike.

FYI: I might try to squeeze in an early ride saturday morning if I can.
cool by me.
any interested parties respond to me by e-mail
[email protected]

word!

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Second problem of the season

On a solo night ride last night I tore my rear derailluer hanger off. Got a stick logged in back and before I knew it, crunch. Luckily I carry a back up hanger.

I know what is causing me all this bad Karma, and I am in the process of fixing the situation. I am on my knees praying to the Bike Gods, after I post this.

ahhhhhhhmmmmm!

G

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
ouch. you should make your tracer into a SS!

yogreg said:
I know what is causing me all this bad Karma, and I am in the process of fixing the situation.
G
It's early in the season so you haven't built up enough good karma from trail maintence. that will be remedied quickly enough I'm sure.

·
Born of Fire
331 Posts
yogreg said:
On a solo night ride last night I tore my rear derailluer hanger off. Got a stick logged in back and before I knew it, crunch. Luckily I carry a back up hanger.

I know what is causing me all this bad Karma, and I am in the process of fixing the situation. I am on my knees praying to the Bike Gods, after I post this.

ahhhhhhhmmmmm!

G
I think you need to start your rides with a Safety check!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.