Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rookie
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only bikes I've had is a steel Mongoose when I was a kid(technically still am at 14[15 in august], then my brother moved out I got his Redline Pro Comp, then a mountain bike at a yard-sale for $5 and got it fixed for $80 several months ago. Rode the Redline and steel frame mountain bike. I've been looking and at $400-1200 price range. Just for an an entry level bike. I've done most of my homework and I though full suspension was the way to go (DH/FR). Nope. I've had a bit of experience with my steel frame in the mountains in the Antelope Valley area, and a hardtail 29er seems a good way to go. 29 because during the summer I hike in the Angles Forest. Blue Ridge trail to be specific. Any recommendations?
Sorry for long and slightly scattered post.
:rant:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Find some bike shops near you and test ride as many different bikes as you can. If they're a good shop they will help you find the right bike to fit your size, the type of riding you do, and your budget. Once you test ride various bikes, you'll find some that fit and feel better than others. FIT IS THE #1 PRIORITY WHEN BUYING A BIKE. Once you've narrowed your search down, let us know and we'll be able to give you more advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts