Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.... anyone still alive in Ventana land?

I had an excellent ride at my favourite Georgia trail today, Chicopee!

The re-configured Salty was absolutely nails on the roots & rocks that litter the trail in Oakwood, GA. My only negative was TWO (2) bent derailleur hangars. The second one after I smacked the 28" FSA DH bar threading the tree needle that the locals know so well.

Today's been a good day, excellent ride on a great bike on a beautiful 65 degree day. Top that off with a few cold Rogues and watching the Bucs clinch the NFCS title while the ATL Fowlclowns roll over and take like a $2 crack ho!!

Life is good from where D-Rock sits,
D.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Actually second post..........

D-Rock said:

The re-configured Salty was absolutely nails on the roots & rocks that litter the trail in Oakwood, GA. My only negative was TWO (2) bent derailleur hangars. The second one after I smacked the 28" FSA DH bar threading the tree needle that the locals know so well.

Today's been a good day, excellent ride on a great bike on a beautiful 65 degree day. Top that off with a few cold Rogues and watching the Bucs clinch the NFCS title while the ATL Fowlclowns roll over and take like a $2 crack ho!!

D.
I beat ya by .55 of a second ! :D Weather in MN is rather warm lately at 30 degrees and the fresh snow is getting me out on skis rather than bikes ! May have to buy some studded tires after all ! Nice that someone is enjoying good biking weather but I'm one of those fools that actually likes it up here ! :p TIG.

·
Having a nice day!
1,421 Posts
D-Rock said:
D.
Well maybe, except for the getting up in the middle of the night thing!

Sorry you can't join us at Bear Creek tomorrow. Hopefully the weather holds. Oh yeah, I have a new hacksaw blade that will work wonders on those carbon bars!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Happy New Year to you fellas

TIGMAN said:
I beat ya by .55 of a second ! :D Weather in MN is rather warm lately at 30 degrees and the fresh snow is getting me out on skis rather than bikes ! May have to buy some studded tires after all ! Nice that someone is enjoying good biking weather but I'm one of those fools that actually likes it up here ! :p TIG.
I'm with TiG on this one......i've been guilty of doing more skiing than biking. And i made a new years resolution to fix that ;)

take care, Chad

Attachments

·
\|/Home of the Braves\|/
1,926 Posts
D-Rock said:
The second one after I smacked the 28" FSA DH bar threading the tree needle that the locals know so well.
Aw man! And I wanted to be there for that picture too - I think I even posted it a few days ago. At least the landing should have been wide enough that you didn't end up stuffed in a bush and flipped upside down :p
That almost makes up for the Falcons making sure the Panthers got in. Yeah, actually it did make up for it.

Edit: I guess I posted that 4 weeks ago :eek:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=1390570&highlight=chicopee#post1390570

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,795 Posts
Preview Pictures

I hope these pictures show the true beauty of the Grinch Green X-5. This was my Christmas present to myself. I just hope I don't have to wait to long to finish the build.

Component Details:
·Fork = 2003 Fox Float with TALAS Option (Being Pushed as we speak)
·Shock = 2004 Manitou Swinger 3-way Air
·Headset = Chris King
·Stem = Thompson Elite
·Bars = Easton EA-70
·Seat Post = Thompson Elite
·Seat = Selle Italia
·Seat Collar = Hope QR
·Shifters/Brake Levers = XTR 9sp
·Front/Rear Derialleur = XT
·Cranks/BB = XT
·Brakes = Avid BBDB-7
·Cassette = XT
·Front Wheel = Chris King ISO, 36H w/Mavic 717
·Rear Wheel = Chris King ISO, 32H w/Mavic 717
·Skewers = Hope
·Tires = Panaracer

D-Rock said:

D.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
mtnbiker4life said:
Component Details:
·Shock = 2004 Manitou Swinger 3-way Air
·Front Wheel = Chris King ISO, 36H w/Mavic 717
Nice build so far. It must be tough waiting to get it done. Glad to see you didn't give yourself the shaft for Christmas. :D

Are you sure that Swinger isn't a 2005? I thought the 2004 didn't have the pivoting SPV air valve? Also, is that a 36H front hub with 32 spokes? Hopefully you didn't get charged for 36 spokes on that wheel build. ;)

How long until she's complete?

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,795 Posts
Good eye Steiny. The wheel set that's in the picture is a back up set.....King disco-tech hubs with Mavic 521s....bulit proof. The wheel set I have listed for the build are still at the shop. I decided to go with the 36H due to the forces a front wheel sees during hard braking with a 7 or 8 inch rotor. Even though the front disk wheel is "dishless" I want to build a robust wheel set. Maybe I'm going against today's convention.

steiny said:
Nice build so far. It must be tough waiting to get it done. Glad to see you didn't give yourself the shaft for Christmas. :D

Are you sure that Swinger isn't a 2005? I thought the 2004 didn't have the pivoting SPV air valve? Also, is that a 36H front hub with 32 spokes? Hopefully you didn't get charged for 36 spokes on that wheel build. ;)

How long until she's complete?

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Nice backcountry shots !

nwmtb said:
I'm with TiG on this one......i've been guilty of doing more skiing than biking. And i made a new years resolution to fix that ;)

take care, Chad
Geeze Chad , don't you have groomers that pack and track your trails for you ! :D Actually, I really enjoy to backcountry ski right after a fresh snowfall its awesome ! TIG.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts