Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The weather is so goldarn nice & the trails are in such primo shape, it would be silly not to take advantage. Here's your chance to figure out with whom you want to hang out & ride in the upcoming season, and ride a few miles of the afore-mentioned trails. Your chance, too, to find out if you still have all your tent stakes & have aired out your sleeping bag from last year. :p It may be a little chilly at night, but the campgrounds have nice bathrooms with running water, firepits & BBQs. I'll find out what the nightly rates are (edit: $14 a night).

They won't be day-long epic-type rides, but I guarantee you'll be a little tired, but not too tired to hang on to a few barley pops around a roaring fire later. Fiona has already volunteered to lead C rides, so bring the wife & kids. :) Bring your dogs and other stuff to do (there's a frisbee golf course at Hogan somewhere), and hell, bring yer boat! I'm thinking Saturday we can wait for folks to show up & get situated, then we can do a ride in the early afternoon after lunch.

I'd like to do this sooner than later- would next month be too soon? Char mentioned that the weekend of the 18-21 might be good, as some people might have Monday off (Presidents' Day), so let's go with those dates for now & see how that flies.

Info on the lake here. I believe we'd be camping at Acorn West, if not Coyote Point. Yesterday (Mon), the lake was like glass. :eek:

Disc golf course info here. More info on campsites here.

·
Medium?
6,728 Posts
We camped Saturday night. I've got all my tent stakes. :)

I'd be up for it, or down for it, or whatever direction the cool kids are these days.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Shall I dust off the sumo bikes?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I'm in

I'll prolly have to bail really early on Sunday morning but it sounds like fun and Hogan is all "new stuff" to me.

I heard a rumor that the Bike Sumo National Championship is taking place that same weekend at Hogan. Coincidence?

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trailseeker said:
Oh yeah, I'm in there (like Flint) What's the stinkin' dates???
Char mentioned that the weekend of the 18-21 might be good, as some people might have Monday off (Presidents' Day), so let's go with those dates for now & see how that flies
Sounds like there's a good enough response that these days will work. Now it's all up to the weather cooperating.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tank Girl said:
Will there be D level rides for people who suck really bad, but still love to play anyway?
There are trails at Hogan for everyone. And beer, too, if you want to play that way. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Trailseeker said:
Got it! Dates are penciled in on my calendar. Looks like a cool place. Who's got an in with the weather gods?
The date looks good,will work for me. Hogan's Heros err.., hills look great. That'll be a full moon weekend too.
If the weather gods wait - goddesses too, are frowning on dryness some can go on up above the snow level with their boards.

OK ! Bikes, boats, boards, beer, briquets. This sounds great!

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
cwix said:
The date looks good,will work for me. Hogan's Heros err.., hills look great. That'll be a full moon weekend too.
If the weather gods wait - goddesses too, are frowning on dryness some can go on up above the snow level with their boards.

OK ! Bikes, boats, boards, beer, briquets. This sounds great!
Hogan is great just after rain. Ground is pretty rocky so the mud is at a minimum.

Fiona

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JFR said:
Sumo Bike Nationals? I'm there.
Awwright, Johnny! I'll bring this again, in case you want to ride it. :p

And we'll have a special event for those drinking tequila- the one who gets drunkest will be drug out in the night to a flat spot. In the morning, we'll put a ramp right next to 'em and jump 'em!

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Camping isn't in the cards right now with our little munchkin, but would love to cruise down for a day trip. Any guess as to which day would be mo betta?

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MonkeyDawg said:
Camping isn't in the cards right now with our little munchkin, but would love to cruise down for a day trip. Any guess as to which day would be mo betta?
Saturday would be the day that the most people will be there, sounds like. Personally, I would rather ride in the morning, as opposed to the afternoon, but if people are coming from aways away & afternoon is better, I can wait.

A few of us will stick around for a Sunday ride as well, so that would work, too, but probably not as fun. :p

Where you coming from?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm in.

Will just wait n see when most of the riding is going down.
10 mi. From house so might just ride on over.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts