Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people im just geting into mountian bikeing and im looking to get a good entry level bike and i have a budget of about $400. I've found a 2010 specialized hardrock sport for $400 at a local bike shop and i was hopeing to get some input on what some more experienced riders thought about this bike. I'm also open to recommendations on other bikes.

Thanks for reading.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
I bought mine a couple of years ago to get back into the sport. Frame's still doing well, but I haven't got many original parts left on it.

As with all $400 bikes, if you ride a lot, you'll wear out parts pretty quickly. It's worth asking the shop if they tensioned the wheels. Let us know if you buy it.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
AndrwSwitch said:
.....but I haven't got many original parts left on it.

As with all $400 bikes, if you ride a lot, you'll wear out parts pretty quickly...
It's really the same with any bike under $1200 though. I bought a Trek 6000 at ~$800 and I'll end up replacing everything the same as if I had gotten a $400 bike. I've found it fun though and a great way to learn about the benefits and downfalls of different parts. Awesome way to learn how to maintain your own bike too, with the less expensive parts there's not as much worry about messing something up.

Congrats on the purchase! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts