Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I said what's up in the newbies check in thread, but it doesn't seem like anyone really looks there, so I thought I'd say hi and see what y'all think of my bike.

I'm from NorCal but currently in Riverside for school.
Recently my friend let me borrow his trek fuel ex 7 I believe to get a feel for the sport. I had a great time and within a week I had bought a 04 santacruz heckler with 2011 fox 32 van 160 front and dhx coil 5.0 rear. Avid elixir 5 brakes. Race face crank and seat post. xt shifter/derailleur. I got the bike for a little over a G shipped sight unseen and was pretty nervous but it rides great.

Anyways, just got back from my first ride on the new bike and I loved it. For now I just want ride as much as possible and I'll have some gopro footy as soon as I feel it's something worth seeing lol

Ps sorry if this should be moved to another spot

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,395 Posts
It's great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hate your bike....better loan it to me for a trial run.... I will make sure it will work for you. :p
Yeah anytime 👌
not to knock my friends fuel ex because I know he spent a lot on it but this bike felt way better to me than the fuel (similarly spec'ed) so I'm pretty happy with it

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sick bike! Would most of my components work with that frame as well?
They should. I am not familiar with your year. My Heckler is from the last year that they offered it with a 1 1/8 steer tube. They are tapered now, so you would need a new fork. Heckler geometry has changed so little over the years that you would be wasting your money throwing it at a new Heckler frame.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts