Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 15 years riding road bikes I wanted a mtb again. Having always had XC bikes my goal was:

- not a racer.
- not too expensive.
- modern geo.
- 29" wheels still look strange, so 27.5"

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Feel I did ok. It's an Airdrop Bitmap, build up with parts that were on sale or 'good enough'. Mostly Deore M6000.

Handling is pretty much how I always imaged mountain biking. But never got with 12 cm stems, elastomer 'suspension' forks and 1.9" tires. It's awesome =)

The gold chain is an ordering miss click......

·
jcd's best friend
3,498 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you found a well rounded hardtail for your adventures! 29ers have changed dramatically over the last decade. I used to ride only 27.5" wheeled bikes but my last couple 29ers got me addicted to them too. Now I have a 29er and a 27.5" bike lol!

When you are done with your rides, make sure you share photos of your adventure with us here in the Riding Passion forum: https://forums.mtbr.com/riding-passion/did-you-ride-today-988566.html

Check out the thread! Lots of awesome adventure photos!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome back to the dirt side!
The gold doesn’t look that bad. Hopefully it will be dirty soon so it won’t stick out so much if it’s bothering you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.