Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
No Fear
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im Saber - MTB
Well at last I got my new bike.But still havnt rode it . After my Giant XTC was stolen ( see my previous posts on the robbery story) two months ago I have only ridden my friends bikes a few times and feel im loosing my passion but its only a feel .None of my family nor my non-rider friends could bare that Saber has lost his bike love.
After my rig was stolen I had a long story up here.
First my bike was found by a friend .He saw my XTC in a taxi trunk in the street and asked the passenger about the bike (benefits of having rider friends and not going solo) .He was an old hiker and had found my bike in the mountain slopes!!! And didn’t trust on my friend who told him the bike is for a friend of mine. So he asked for my Phone number to give the bike to myself so my friend did so and left him ( maybe its better to go solo)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from that day im waiting for his cal for 7 weeks!!!!
Second –My dad had a good respect on the story and offered me cash for a new ride but I offered him my old wish instesd .A cool freeride bike to enter the national DH this season .There I found out my dads respect was limited to 700 of your bucks( I live in Iran) and I was quite upset not only for the bike .But it ignited some old father son problems. I acted like striking and instead of going to my university city I went for a one week touring for unknown destination and routes I didn’t know them my self. I just decided so visit some historical sites in cities which I had never seen. At the end of the week I had traveled 5700 km’s .I always timed my bus tickets on night in order to use the sleeping time on boring long road rides. The whole tour cost me 50$.Gas prices and though traveling costs are really cheap here .Meanwhile My parents were searching for me in hospitals ‘ terminals ‘ police stations ‘ friends & relatives homes and……….during my journey I had decided to get out of uni. And after finishing military service look up for a non engineering career and set up for it .I told my parents about it after I got home. But after some arguments we agreed on an optimum point for my rights ( not only biking). My dad agreed with buying the freeride bike.I first chose Giant faith 3 (Rock Shox race – fox DHX 3.0 – race face /sram X9 drive train – hayes HFX9 HD – Alex rims supra BH and low class cockpit) for1950 $ but the Giant representative had brought only 3 .Two were sold at that time and the last one was sold before I get the cash.
A friend of mine whos a local bike shop owner and has the most unique and high grade components in Iran. Was going to south east Asia for the new season bargain .So I ordered a Kona stinky 2006 but offered him a wider range of choice if he didn’t find it or it was too expensive on bikes like Intense Uzzy VPX-Iron horse Sunday and………..An azonic T-55 full face + 661 life jacket body armor+cheap knee shin guards.
10 days ago he arrived but **** **** **** I had to wait more .I got my Kona Stinky for 2600$ and it was the first Kona in Iran (now my friend has brought only 1 Stab superme frame and another shop has bought it so its still unridden) but some parts were in the next shiping order ( I will get them Thursday ) and till then my nut head friend kept telling me me your parts will arrive tomorrow – the day after tomorrow – on the weekend …………….
The missing parts are : My rear wheel + The Marzocchi drop off triple 06 fork + Kona Jackshit pedals.
The rear wheel will arrive tomorrow but im not going to wait for the rest .My friend has a Marzocchi Drop off triple 05 and I will borrow it from him till I get my 06 .I have Energi platform pedals home too So I think The first iranian Kona rider will test his bike tomorrow .(Next week 3 more stinky’s + two Stab superme’s will be in my friends shop +some treks ‘ Yetis ‘ cannondals ‘ mongooses and many many many more cool comps ).
I think I would start a new generation of photos and posts on MTBR as I got in the freeride game .Im looking forward on building a jump site and talking to official land owners and the national cycling Fed. about building a freeride park in Tehran . Or maybe all these would be disagreed but it worth’s working on.
Im new on freeridding and need your experience about it.
First I have questions on protection gear .
On the helmet I have some choices azonic T-55 for 120$ - some Giro model (idont know which one for 220$ (too expensive) – 661 for 160 $ which brand do you think is more performable.
I prefer light weight handless small body armor’s as the other ones would limit my movement and flexibility and also think body armor isn’t that important and could be ignored ( I have seen riders in American –Australian and European DH races and even the Red bull don’t wear it)what do you think .In the last word I think I should buy one because the next season races all Dh racers should wear body armor .Now the only obligatory gear needed to enter the race are –full suspension bike –full face – gloves.
A point on my bike it not using a chain guide .How important do you think a guide is in a race and should I buy one ( **** my frame only fits to Kona guides).
Another point on the bike .All Konas have two rear shock mounts on the frame one for 7.1” travel and the other for 6.8” and the 6.8” mount on my frame is filled with an Aluminum bar.What its it ?(see pic)
And at last Im new to hydraulic discs I want to know how could I change the pad-rotor distance .I want the brake lever to act in the first centimeters now pads grip the rotor when my lever is close to the handle bar.In mechanics I fixed it by tightening the cable or adjusting the pad wear knobs ( in Avid BB7) how could I afford this on hydraulics (Hayes HF9 HD) .Today ill go for some fun hit the trail hard .Harder than ever. Ill go big big as I can .I m looking on developing local freeride here and to drag it in the media to make more people begin ridding around here or just to have fun myself as im a rider and i dont care whats going on in world politics and what bush has said about our neclear program or what has our president told bush or whats going on israel the only kind of peace to me is riding and i will ride on.
ThanX a lot .
Bye bye

Attachments

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Right on!

I'm glad to see you are close to having your own wheels. I'm still unclear about your old bike. I know it was stolen, but you have a idea of where to get it back? I would still follow up on your old bike. The new freeride bike is sweet, but having an XC bike in the horse stable will be good.

Be sure to post some pics of your new completed bike. Also, include a pic of you doing something crazy on it! :)

·
No Fear
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill be crazy on the nationals next next friday.but im not sure to be in the first ten as i havnt trained enough .And about the XC ride ill buy a recreational XC bike too .Without XC freeride is nosense .XC riding is a must to all MTBers.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hfx9....

Saber,
There is a small allen nut inside the brake lever.This happens to me alot.You need to look from the side and you'll see it.Turn it in .Put some loctite on it and it will stay tight for awhile.
Post up some pics... and it sounds like your folks are watching your back. good stuff.You should not have made them worry so much. Sometimes it sucks having such caring parents huh? Bike on dude....Post up some pics....

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
Nice Saber, congrats on the new ride, hopefully the rest of your build kit will be in really soon. Good luck in the nationals, I'll be looking forward to the ride report. Even if you think you might not need it I'd say get some armor. If you are racing DH and doing some freeride stuff you're bound to take a few falls and you don't want to miss time recovering from injuries that could have been prevented with some pads.

·
No Fear
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im bursted out tonight .I havnt rode my Stinky yet and its all up to the F***face local shop keeper who I really have to break my friendship with.For two weeks he is telling me your components will arrive tomorrow and tonight after 4 hours of waiting in his store I found out he had just called me to keep his store while he went to some personal date. I will revenge all these things because its not just the bike .He had borrowed another 1500 $ from 6 months ago and im still F****ing him on the A** to get my money back and to night I was really boiled out of control .I want to give him a lesson to teach him how he should behave with too honest friends .what do you think what would you do in such situations. –Giving negative advertisement on the net and in real world for the local rider community. Giving negative advertisement to the shops which he buys his components from ( in south east Asia) and get the market myself ( as I have introduced him to those shops myself and I have made most of the local riders his costumers with my dumb advertisements I gave to everyone around here –so I know both sellers and buyers )
Or maybe pump Acid in all his forks and rear shox instead of oil and air.
I don’t know but I really feel I have done too much for him and as regard I have received was abuse .Its the point of revenge. What do you say.

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
SABER_MTB said:
Im bursted out tonight .I havnt rode my Stinky yet and its all up to the F***face local shop keeper who I really have to break my friendship with.For two weeks he is telling me your components will arrive tomorrow and tonight after 4 hours of waiting in his store I found out he had just called me to keep his store while he went to some personal date. I will revenge all these things because its not just the bike .He had borrowed another 1500 $ from 6 months ago and im still F****ing him on the A** to get my money back and to night I was really boiled out of control .I want to give him a lesson to teach him how he should behave with too honest friends .what do you think what would you do in such situations. -Giving negative advertisement on the net and in real world for the local rider community. Giving negative advertisement to the shops which he buys his components from ( in south east Asia) and get the market myself ( as I have introduced him to those shops myself and I have made most of the local riders his costumers with my dumb advertisements I gave to everyone around here -so I know both sellers and buyers )
Or maybe pump Acid in all his forks and rear shox instead of oil and air.
I don't know but I really feel I have done too much for him and as regard I have received was abuse .Its the point of revenge. What do you say.
Damn, that sucks. Hang in there and hopefully everything will work out for you. I'm all for some payback but make sure you get your stuff first or he may never get it to you. Maybe take a few bikes home from his shop tonight and tell him he gets them back when he gets your parts in and pays your 1500 back. Otherwise those missing parts and 1500 should be enough to cover any bike you take home with you. I get the bad feeling the parts may not even be on the way and that he used the money for something else. Not sure how he didn't just take the money he owed you and give you that much of a discount on the new ride in the first place.

·
No Fear
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah just I got dumb for a day and trusted in him ( I still trust in him as he is not going to steal my money as he has never done that nor to me nor to any one else ) but the **** is that he cant help himself not lying and this time he has gone off limit .So ill listen to your advise .He has a 05 Drop off triple ( made in Taiwan ) ill pick it up till I have my own Italian 06 Triple .For the rest of my account there is a 888 RC2X and a Kona Stab Superme – either one would be O.K.
First I would ask himself to give them to me for max trust. If not favored I can take them more easily .I know more than 100 riders in the local area who have had similar problems with him and it will go.

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
SABER_MTB said:
Ah just I got dumb for a day and trusted in him ( I still trust in him as he is not going to steal my money as he has never done that nor to me nor to any one else ) but the **** is that he cant help himself not lying and this time he has gone off limit .So ill listen to your advise .He has a 05 Drop off triple ( made in Taiwan ) ill pick it up till I have my own Italian 06 Triple .For the rest of my account there is a 888 RC2X and a Kona Stab Superme - either one would be O.K.
First I would ask himself to give them to me for max trust. If not favored I can take them more easily .I know more than 100 riders in the local area who have had similar problems with him and it will go.
These two bikes you were looking at , seemed like factory spec . If your Kona was a stock out of the box model , you would have the box with all the parts . Including the rear wheel and fork . IMO you were played the fool .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts