Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not very impressive at all. I'm comming off a Niterider Classic, and its light quality, brightness, and coverage was so much better. I'm hoping that because it was the L&M battery's first charge that the brightness and coverage will improve, but it needs to be drastic.

This is for the basic L&M HID NiMH (not Li-on). For $350, it sure doesn't seem to be a good value. If the light doesn't improve, I will be going back to my old Niterider. I thought I was getting an upgrade.:madman:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Run times also a factor!

It is not only about beam quality, which I think is awesome, but also the fact that max-bright run times for your Nightrider Classic is 1:50 and for the Arc HID NiMH it is 3:30.:thumbsup:

Also, some of us prefer the very white light of HID compared to the yellow of halogen. It cost more, but you get more. Besides, the manual say let it charge 6-10 cycles for NiMH to reach full capacity( another reason I chose the Li-ion for a little more).:D

I'm sure that the beam will pick up, if not the service at Light and Motion will take care of you.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the reference in the manual to letting the battery charge 6 times or so, but it only mentioned that it would affect run time. There was no mention of light quality, but hopefully that improves as well. The longer run time is the reason I bought the light.

Still hoping the story ends well.

·
Spanish biker
732 Posts
GMM said:
I saw the reference in the manual to letting the battery charge 6 times or so, but it only mentioned that it would affect run time. There was no mention of light quality, but hopefully that improves as well. The longer run time is the reason I bought the light.

Still hoping the story ends well.
Sure that yes!!!!!!!!! I think that your light & motion is one of the best ones lights of the market.

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Retract My Review

Rode with the L&M ARC for the second time. Whole new experience. The beam was strong, bright, wide, everything I would want. I guess is really does need to go through a couple of cycles. What a difference. I am now VERY happy with it!:D

I guess first Impressions aren't always accurate.

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
I was surprised when I first read this thread, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a rider regretting the change from a Nite Rider light to the L&M HID! :D

Glad to hear everything is alright now. I was surprised to read that you noticed a difference in light output rather then just run time, even after just a single charge I would have thought you would have got full brightness at least.

Happy trails! :thumbsup:

Dave.

·
Registered
349 Posts
have to agree

with the rest of the responses. Though it was the first light I bought (Arc Lion) I ride with many who have various HID & LED lights and by far this is the brightest, widest, clear, runs for 4hrs, charges in 2. Also, got mine new from auth dealer for $345.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Me too

Went for first ride last night with new Arc Li-ion Ultra. Must say, I thought it would be brighter. It was a little brighter than my 15W. Halogen, but I was expecting more light.:madman: So I let the battery fully discharge and am charging it up again today. Hoping to be able to signal distant planets tonight.:cool: Will report back, in case anyone cares. Until then, happy riding!

Bikeface

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.