Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Power down!!
I put all my beans into a hard climb in 1st and 2nd and all power to the wheels!!
Not a skip or anything. So far I am impressed.

3rd gear has a skip in it -but it has had that from the first ride.. 4 speed hub is fine with me
1 2 4 5 - who needs 3rd.
:)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay - I know other people are reading this a bit - so I assume someone else cares..
But after a long ride with lots of different climbing - downhill - and flats..

1st is a good climbing ratio! I can get over all the hills without loss of power (Mission Trails, SD)
I did a few fire-road stand and hammer in 4th and 3rd (the skip seems to have gone away) - and It was great. Low speed high torque turns did not kick the chain - and the only thing that stopped me was accidentally hitting the twist shift in a fast washout - to steep climb. I wish the shifter had a stronger click (not sure what to call it) it turns very easily.

I am going to leave it alone for a few months before I adjust anything else - so see how it lasts. I will update if you all care. (I love this kind of thing myself).....

Coaster brake is next for the pugs.. Maybe this summer....

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh - the bike weighs a TON - I picked up my buddies Salsa Bucksaw - and holy smokes the pugs needs a diet. Oh well - so do I!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Getting better all the time

First power snow ride -
June Lake California -
Really nice short 5 mile ride on first day up here.

Climbs great - lubed chain - now it is very quiet - 3rd makes a noise again.

The biggest drawback - HEAVY! BUT adventure is its name - not speed..

PXL_20201121_224011612.jpg PXL_20201121_224618651.jpg PXL_20201121_224725278.jpg

Tomorrow I am going to tow my daughter on her snowboard - hope to have video of that..

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update - still works - second day of pounding and still rolling perfect.
Whoot whoot!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hub Worked in snow amazing!! - deep powder - my Avid cable brakes froze - hub never missed a shift or a click. I would like a shifter with more click to the shift - it is easy to panic and roll from 1 to 5 without much effort.

AND dropper post was stuck down most of the ride... hard to climb on ice without smooth power... Either altitude or cold (most likely both) but it will not stay fully extended and slowly slides down...

Reactions: IL8APEX
21 - 26 of 26 Posts