Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a bit confused and would like some advice.
Currently running BB7s on a carbon China 29er ip056 frame and Marzocchi fork.
With the below link my intention is to
1. Switch lever sides so it will require cutting and perhaps bleeding.

2. Im looking for Jagwire hoses so eventually I need whatevers necessary for that switch. (I want white or silver braided cables)

3. Make sure they mount without need for a frame adaptor.

Would the below link and a shimano bleed kit be all I need ?
Theres no mention of olives etc that others talk about and im unfamiliar with differences in packaging types.

Are there other hydraulic hose makers other than Jagwire I should look at ? Seems some have had issues with them fitting proper.

SHIMANO Deore BR-M596 BL-M596 Hydraulic Brake Front & Rear Black RT56 Rotor by Shimano http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BPIY9DK/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_Bklvtb1MJHQYY

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm happy w/ Shimano hoses, but otherwise would run Goodridge. Check into Goodridge if you haven't yet.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The aesthetics are prime:
Goodridge Hose | Chain Reaction Cycles
and you can find kits that have all the fittings for your brakes.

edit: the white looks a lot better than in the pic from that link above

edit2: It's the Goodridge #107 kit that fits Shimano. It's worth verifying with a seller that this would fit a M596.
Universal Cycles -- Goodridge Hydraulic Tubing Kits

You may want to check this thread:
http://forums.mtbr.com/where-best-deals/new-shimano-hydraulic-brakes-908415.html

Instead of new hoses I'd put that $$ towards this:
Shimano Deore XT BR-M785 Disc Brake - Normal Shipping Ground

Reactions: manmythlegend

·
Magically Delicious
12,518 Posts
1. Switch lever sides so it will require cutting and perhaps bleeding.

Theres no mention of olives etc that others talk about and im unfamiliar with differences in packaging types.
[/url]
My assumption is that you plan to place the front brake lever on the right? If you objective is to do this, if you look around, you can find Shimano's with Right Front and Left Rear already set up. However, most all Shimano's come with really long brake lines so either way you will likely want to shorten them so it wouldn't matter if you purchased Right Front or Right Rear. Plenty on the forums on shortening the brake lines. It's quite easy to do and if done correctly, you most likely won't need to bleed them.

All new Shimano's I seen come with one extra set of olives and inserts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.