Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
No Clue Crew
4,108 Posts
What Kelly said. Great run. I love that trail. Only been down it once and I know my video was much more bouncy. Can't figure out why my GoPro isn't as solid as many other peoples. I'm looking forward to hitting it again. That and 24th Street. I don't know which one I like better 'cause they are both FUN trails! If you enjoyed Holbert you'll love 24th!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What Kelly said. Great run. I love that trail. Only been down it once and I know my video was much more bouncy. Can't figure out why my GoPro isn't as solid as many other peoples. I'm looking forward to hitting it again. That and 24th Street. I don't know which one I like better 'cause they are both FUN trails! If you enjoyed Holbert you'll love 24th!
Took me along time to finally try that trail, makes you pay attention for sure. I have not come down 24th, been up it a couple of times. That was some work, pedal and foot.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
bigOmike; Try using some tape on the GoPro QR mount to take up the extra space. Any wobble in the mount gets exaggerated on video so having it perfectly solid is key. It also work best on a Full Face helmet (the helmet doesn't move much compared to an XC lid)

·
No Clue Crew
4,108 Posts
bigOmike; Try using some tape on the GoPro QR mount to take up the extra space. Any wobble in the mount gets exaggerated on video so having it perfectly solid is key. It also work best on a Full Face helmet (the helmet doesn't move much compared to an XC lid)
I was thinking of trying that to eliminate some of the clicking but I discovered it was the buttons making the clicking. The bouncing around is the mount slapping around on my chest. I've been kinda paying attention to how it feels lately and I can feel it bouncing off my chest. There's one spot that's better than the rest but I haven't paid close enough attention to figure out if it's higher or lower. I think it's higher but some more testing will be required...

Haven't done the FF mount yet simply 'cause I don't wear it very often. With the Wed shuttles I do but I haven't stuck it to my helmet yet. Trying to figure out a way to mount it to the helmet but still be relatively chest mount angled. Almost like a boom arm coming down from the from chin bar. I'll rig something soon...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking of trying that to eliminate some of the clicking but I discovered it was the buttons making the clicking. The bouncing around is the mount slapping around on my chest. I've been kinda paying attention to how it feels lately and I can feel it bouncing off my chest. There's one spot that's better than the rest but I haven't paid close enough attention to figure out if it's higher or lower. I think it's higher but some more testing will be required...

Haven't done the FF mount yet simply 'cause I don't wear it very often. With the Wed shuttles I do but I haven't stuck it to my helmet yet. Trying to figure out a way to mount it to the helmet but still be relatively chest mount angled. Almost like a boom arm coming down from the from chin bar. I'll rig something soon...
I have about an 1/2 inch peace of stiff foam rubber on the bottom plate all the across the bottom on the hard plastic just below where the harness belt goes through, I also use the upper strap from the camelback under the mounting bracket and back plate. I also make sure the screw is really tight so the camera can not move.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also did my first Holbert run this weekend......on my 29er XC bike! Went over the bars in the first 5 minutes which bruised my entire shoulder area. Made it down the rest of the trail OK but definitely on edge the whole way. Went and did some of the side trails off of national and that went OK but.......during my post ride inspection I found that the BB was cracked!!! DOH! LBS took a pic and sent it to the manufacturer, should be getting a brand new frame soon. Yes, I know it is time for a DH rig and the $$ has been saved. Will be pulling the trigger on one VERY soon since the local riding season is upon us!

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Nice work Mark. Holbert has some fun tech challenges for sure. Looks like you cleaned Bucking Bronco first try.

I enjoyed the video. Makes me want to get back down there soon (The fact that it's supposed to be in the 40s with a low of 19 later in the week is also motivating me).

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice work Mark. Holbert has some fun tech challenges for sure. Looks like you cleaned Bucking Bronco first try.

I enjoyed the video. Makes me want to get back down there soon (The fact that it's supposed to be in the 40s with a low of 19 later in the week is also motivating me).
Which one is Bucking Bronco? Hope I can catch up with you when your down here again.

·
No Clue Crew
4,108 Posts
I just tried it on and the LOWER it is the less it wobbles. Unfortunately, the lower it is the more likely it's gonna get banged by the seat :(

Which one is Bucking Bronco? Hope I can catch up with you when your down here again.
I think that's the feature at 2:55ish. I never saw it my first time down 'cause no one was in front of me. Then I saw someone else's video show that line and now I'll be looking for it the next time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
It's that flattish, really rocky section where you passed The GreenEG. It's tough because of the big boulder on the entrance, all the wheel stoppers, and the fact that you about have to pedal through it. It's too flat to coast.

No need to catch up.... I'll be bringing up the rear.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.