Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rode alot in high school and college, but havent ridden in 10 years. I am in the MidAtlantic so trails consist mostly of single track with moderate incline/decline and various obstacles (streams, logs, roots, rocks). I started riding again in the spring and broke my old ride out of storage (a Nishiki, circa 1993). After a few rides, I decided it would be smart to pick up a new bike so i purchased a Cannondale 2006 f400. F400 has been ok, but already had to replace the headshock and I am looking to upgrade to a FS bike and was hoping to get input. A LBS has a 2003 SC Blur for sale (owned by a store technician) for ~$1,500, bike has XT components, hayes hydrolic discs, DT swiss rims, RockShox Sid World Cup. I rode it and It appears mecanically sound and the ride was sweet. I could also pick up a Rush 600 for about the same price at another LBS. My question is should i pick up the Blur, the Rush or is there another bike line i should look at? I am 6'0", about 170 lbs with a 33" inseam. I ride 3-4 times a week for ~20-25 miles and will likely be able to ride from April - October. I had forgotten how much i loved the sport and would like to get a solid ride that i can keep around for a few years. Thanks in advance, wscott

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ive got a Blur with XT components and have really loved the bike. I live in the southeast and ride mostly singletrack with rocks, logs, creak crossings (as you described) and it does really well. The only thing I wish was that I had gotten the anodized frame, but other than that its a great bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.