Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I got my first FS bike this weekend. Trance 3 from giant. I need to tune the suspension a little more. The rebound almost crashed me this weekend. Did an 18.50 mile loop with the wife and some friends (mainly asphalt, but where the dirt parallels I rode the trails) lots of fun! I also have a giant talon I've been riding for a few years now. That's going to become my asphalt only bike. Really enjoying the trails around NW Arkansas. Can't wait to find more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,788 Posts
New fork. You can call Suntour Tech Support for recommendations. There is a changeable spring for negative air for different rider weights. 855-205-BIKE(2453)
360-737-6450
You can ask about the RockShox Deluxe R shock in the Suspension forum.

·
jcd's best friend
3,323 Posts
I got my first FS bike this weekend. Trance 3 from giant. I need to tune the suspension a little more. The rebound almost crashed me this weekend. Did an 18.50 mile loop with the wife and some friends (mainly asphalt, but where the dirt parallels I rode the trails) lots of fun! I also have a giant talon I've been riding for a few years now. That's going to become my asphalt only bike. Really enjoying the trails around NW Arkansas. Can't wait to find more.

Welcome! Here is a quick setup video that can get your settings about where they should be for you. The rebound part works really good too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! Here is a quick setup video that can get your settings about where they should be for you. The rebound part works really good too!

I've got this video saved. I picked it up from the shop new and went straight to trail. They said it should be close... it was like a pogo stick on the first jump. I'm doing this setup as soon as I have some free time.

·
jcd's best friend
3,323 Posts
I've got this video saved. I picked it up from the shop new and went straight to trail. They said it should be close... it was like a pogo stick on the first jump. I'm doing this setup as soon as I have some free time.

The rebound portion of this video helped me out a lot. These methods aren't a substitute for a professional setup, but it works great for all of us average riders who just wants to get the bike roughly where it should be and just ride it.

·
jcd's best friend
3,323 Posts
So how do you adjust the top adjustment on the fork? He discuss air, rebound, but that top dial isn't addressed?

That's the knob for your damper. Turning it counterclockwise will give you full travel while going clockwise will firm it up.

Set this up so I'd have footage of my inevitable first crash. Hope it's not a bad one.

Your camera mount doesn't seem very solid on there. It might come off. You need a flat surface to stick the mount on. Dirt will actually get trapped on the sticky tape in the corners.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's the knob for your damper. Turning it counterclockwise will give you full travel while going clockwise will firm it up.

Your camera mount doesn't seem very solid on there. It might come off. You need a flat surface to stick the mount on. Dirt will actually get trapped on the sticky tape in the corners.
Yea I might have to rethink that mount... first attempt. I have a lot of those sticky mounts so I'll figure somewhere out. That virb would probably work better hard mounted on the bike somewhere. The data metrics would be more accurate.

·
jcd's best friend
3,323 Posts
Yea I might have to rethink that mount... first attempt. I have a lot of those sticky mounts so I'll figure somewhere out. That virb would probably work better hard mounted on the bike somewhere. The data metrics would be more accurate.

I wouldn't bike mount the camera. It will pick up every single bump you hit on the trail. If anything, grab yourself a chest mount like the Stuntman chest harness or the GoPro one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.