Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm getting ready to buy my first DH bike and so far i've really been leaning towards the Jamis Diablo 2.0,but recently Diablo Freeride Park has put their rental bikes,IronHorse Sundays, up for sale at around $1600.00 Thats about half the price of the Diablo,but its used.Whats everyone's opinions on both bikes,and also should i look into getting a used bike for my first,or would new be better.Thanks, Joe.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
First of all I would avoid those Diablo FR Park Sundays. Sundays are great bikes, but those bikes were beat to hell for like 2 years.

Regarding the Jamis Diablo, I really haven't heard anything about them, but Jamis isn't really known for Freeride/DH bikes.

Also the two bikes you are comparing are different. The Sunday is a Downhill Race Bike, and the Diablo is a Freeride bike. I would say unless you are looking for a dedicated downhill race machine, I would look towards a freeride bike.

One bike you might want to consider is the Freeride equivalent of the Sunday, and this is the Iron Horse 7Point. As a matter of fact, Randal Scott Cycles is blowing out the 2006 7Points right now. You can get a 2006 7Point5, which has a really good spec for $1800, and a 7Poin3 which has a decent spec for an unbelievable $1100.

See the IH bikes on sale here: http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.459/.f

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.