Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I am about to buy my first mountain bike. I will be using it for basic single track trails and some hard packed bridal trails. Some one at my wife's work is selling the following bike.

2002 Kona Blast, 20 frame size, 26 wheel size, all original components and documentation, purchased for $529. Includes Judy TT rock shox, Pro Brief bar ends, pump, cyclocomputer, seat bag, U-shaped kryptolock, 2 waterbottle holders, and 2 sets of tires, one for trails and one for city riding (slick tires). I am selling it because I've switched to a road bike, otherwise a great bike.

I was just wondering what a good price would be for this bike. He has used it regularly for some trail and mostly commuting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Without pics its almost impossible to accuratly place a value on it . Typically bikes of this level and vintage would not bring more than 150.00 in my area , your mileage may vary .

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Have you taken a test ride yet to make sure the bike is the right size?

I would offer $75.00 to $100.00 if it is in good working condition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not taken a test ride yet but I have used a couple size charts to see if it is the correct size. I am 6' 3" with an inseam of about 34 1/2. I was going to test it to see how it feels. Thank you for the information.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
FWIW , I have a 33.5 inch inseam and ride 21/22 inch frames .
edit: thats bike inseam not pants inseam .

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
the main factor is the bike is going on 9 model years old. if your just going to ride around town on it it would be worth maybe 60-70 bucks? if your going to do anything else with it, the components are old tech. and you might check craigslist, you can find some good deals on there every once in a while

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just wanted to thank everyone for the input on the Kona Blast. I decided to purchase it and really like it. I have done a few road and trail rides. I have not gone more than 17 miles but am hoping to up that after the snow clears this weekend. Once again thank you for all your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts