Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I didn't see this thread option)

So I thought I knew what biked I was going to get. I wasn't looking to spend crazy money and I'm not doing any trails that are that insane. With that said it came down to the Trek 3500 disc. What I noticed was that the 3700 disc is $40 more. Can someone please explain to a noob the difference? and more importantly is it really worth that extra money?

Here are the details on both bikes.

Trek 3500 disc: Trek Bicycle

Trek 3700 disc: Trek Bicycle

Thank you.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
Honestly, at that price point.....both bikes are basically the same. the 3700 has 100mm fork, while the 3500 has 80mm.

You won't really see any big differences until you step up to the 3900. At that point you will get 24 spd vs. 21 spd on the 2 lower bikes.

Just note, that these 3 bikes are designed more for bike paths, decomposed granite/groomed trails and mild fireroads. They are not geared for climbing steep hills or riding technical trails.

See if you can find a leftover 2011 4300 that a shop is trying to get rid of.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to make the jump to a 4300 but I am up to look at other bikes.

I checked out the Specialezed.. $520 is a little out of my range and the Giants are SICK, but $690!

·
Rockhopper Expert
22 Posts
My other half has a 3700 disc and she climbs far better than me on my GT XC2, she also uses it on the black trail at our local trail centre and its standing up very well, no issues at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.