Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am new to the Forums and i would like to introduce myself. My name is Armando and i am a new rider. i just bought a Jamis Durango 2.0 and it is a beautiful bike. I went on my first trail December 30 and disaster struck. Me and a group of buddies were half way thru the trail when we approached a huge puddle of mud in Amelia Earheart. We got off our bikes and went around. I placed my bike on the ground not know my rear tire was in the mud and i went to push off and hyper extended my knee rupturing my ACL and tearing my meniscus. i have been out of commission since then. But here is a pic of my bike.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
857 Posts
Wow get better quick, but not too quick for an injury like that.

I'm a bit pluzzed how you messed it up just pushing the pedal is if there was resistances but there really wasn't?

Was it a freak thing?
Seems like if it happened like that it was going to happen soon anyways?

·
Gus, just Gus.
147 Posts
Welcome and sorry to hear about your injury! Hang in there and you'll be back in no time... the wait will kill you though!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Bad luck ! My friend had a fall on his first ride and almost cracked his rib (it hurt for weeks). I think this has put him off mtb as he is now always over-cautious and never really tries anything difficult.
Hope it doesn't spoil it for you. Get well soon!:thumbsup:

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
sorry to hear bout your accident dude... but hey, if it doesnt kill you, it'll only make you stronger... Hehehehe... I remember my first few rides. Didnt know what xc, ds, dh,dj, fr and all that was... on the second time out i end hooking up with some DJ and FR riders... and yeah, instead of riding all day... i sat and watched after i face planted.... lol

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I broke a rib within my first week of riding. That really sucked. It sucked even more a month later when I tried my over the handle bar flying act again and re-injured the same rib. Either way I kept riding. Vicodan = Being able to sleep at night. Just don't loose the passion. It is mt. biking and if you aren't getting hurt....you're not pushing hard enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mtb_g33k said:
I broke a rib within my first week of riding. That really sucked. It sucked even more a month later when I tried my over the handle bar flying act again and re-injured the same rib. Either way I kept riding. Vicodan = Being able to sleep at night. Just don't loose the passion. It is mt. biking and if you aren't getting hurt....you're not pushing hard enough.
Well i went on my first ride last night and it was a 4 1/2 mile street ride. it felt really good to be back on my bike. My knee bothered me at first but after 15 minutes i was as good as new.

·
_
850 Posts
that sucks, get well soon!

since you have some down time, take off that enormous "tektro" sticker on the top tube....also might wanna invest in a chainstay protector or wrap an old tube around the chainstay on your drivetrain side, that will reduce noise and help protect the paint.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Sorry to hear that- sounds like one of those horrible freak accidents that just make you cringe. Get well soon. Love the bike. I thought Jamis had abandoned the Blue/Silver combo. I'm glad to see it back.

Just a thought- did your foot come off the pedal? If not, your saddle may be too high if it allowed for a hyper-extension.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.