1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Hi and welcome! Are you able to test ride both? The feel of what bike fits you best is the way to go. Always get some time on a bike before buying. That being said the Cannondale looks like it has better specs if they are equal in price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome and advice!

I have had a chance to ride them both, but they're at two different stores. I feel as though it would be easier to tell if I could ride them back to back. Also the guy at the Cannondale store set the seat far higher than I'm used to which made the ride seem awkward to me. It was also the first bike I rode testing, the specialized was the last. Going to back to try the Cannondale again tonight. :)

Really excited to get out and ride this summer.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
I agree with that and after the cafe roubaix incident, I vowed to never by anything Specialized again. I knew Mike Sinyard learned nothing and would be back to his old antics again.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,603 Posts
Cannondale is a better bike, and a better company to buy from.
Specialized is known to be a big bully.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am in love with my cdale f29 1 alloy. What a great ride! I rode the trail sl2 and it was my 1b. real nice bike. I just ran into a great deal on the f29, so I bought it!
Sl2 won't disappoint you for sure!

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
I love my specialized. They never did me wrong.
We'll I bought a Specialized carve pro & was not one bit disappointed
I don't think anyone here is arguing that Specialized makes a good product. In fact, they make a great product and people here that hat them know it. However they choose not to support the company because of the the fact that Mike Sinyard (the founder of Specialized) is a two faced lying d0uche bag.

So does specialized make good bikes and equipment? Yes, but so do other companies and I will choose to support them.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Get the Cannondale. Spec sucks, as a company.

Their latest shenanigans:

Allez, allez NAZARÉ - NeilPryde Bikes 2014
That's funny, Spec also change the Carve name to Crave because Carve was also taken by another bike company (so I'm told). I had a Spec Epic, the LBS screwed me when I took the shock in for repair. So much for the LBS Spec Dealer.

If a LBS is not helping their customers, then Spec should allow a customer to work directly with their own CS Dept and not need to go through a middle man (especially one that won't tell you the truth about your repair).

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and advice!

I have had a chance to ride them both, but they're at two different stores. I feel as though it would be easier to tell if I could ride them back to back. Also the guy at the Cannondale store set the seat far higher than I'm used to which made the ride seem awkward to me. It was also the first bike I rode testing, the specialized was the last. Going to back to try the Cannondale again tonight. :)

Really excited to get out and ride this summer.
Cannondale has better specs and I would choose it over the Spec any day. However, make sure that it fits you before giving your money. Oh, I know it's early but happy birthday :)

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
I love the fact that the more I read, the more it seems that specialized screws themselves out of money every time they bully smaller companies over bull sh!t.

Social media will be the tool to crumble crooked big businesses.

Apple does the exact same thing...maybe its time to ditch the iPhone also.
I don't have nor have I ever owned any Apple products. However I am not aware of them being nearly as d0uche baggish as Specialized.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
Crapple is pretty douchey...more so than Specialized.

Big business...thats just how it is.
Again I am just not aware of their d0uche baggery.

And no, it isn't "big business". Certain companies like Specialized take d0uche baggery to an all new level. It is as if they try to be d0uche bags.

The beauty of it is that everyone has a choice to where they spend their money.
We may never run Specialized out of business but we can make sure they lose way more money from their ass hattery (d0uche bag was being over used) than they ever will gain.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.