Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Can Tree Member
847 Posts
Non-Pushed RP3 on a 4" (XR) Burner -- 235 lbs/240-245psi. My hunch is that the PUSH mods would not have much impact on the static sag setting, and the leverage is the same on the shock, so the comparison should be valid. I've dropped a few pounds since I first set it up and the shock does seem a bit harsher now. If I get a chance I'll adjust the set-up this weekend and post the new figures, but I think that 1:1 is pretty much in the range for big boys running 4" toys on that shock.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I currently weigh in at 217lbs and 210 psi on a non "Pushed" RP3 seems to be the ticket for me..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Clyde on a FLux

I'm 245 lbs and ride between 230 and 245 lbs in a non Pushed RP3. I get about 1 cm of sag and it would need to go down to 225 lbs in the shock before sag change is noticeable.

·
Bike Junkie
378 Posts
I'm down to 200psi post PUSH

I'm 220lbs, and I used to ride at about 245psi and after PUSH my RP3 is at 200psi with 1cm of sag.

I notice the shock a lot less than I did before I had it Push'd

·
Registered
23 Posts
November past meant one year on the Flux. After next season I was thinking of sending the Fox RP3 out to get Push'd instead of simply getting it cleaned or maintained at my local bike shop. From what you say as well as others it will be worth the extra $$...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
My pushed RP3 on my Flux was great, huge difference from before! Most of the shocks from the factory are tuned for a rider in the 170-180 lb range. It made a huge difference on my bike, I weight 210 and run the shock around 180 lbs with the correct sag. I requested push to tune the shock to make it as plush as possible, since most of the time I can not get a plush ride with the proper sag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.