Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen too many of these. I just finished building it. It has a sweet handmade looptail frame. It is a blast to ride. I used XT brakes and crankset. I used an FMF bottom bracket converter and an XT square taper bottom bracket. Surly stainless steel 33t chainring with 18t freewheel. I hope to see more BMX style bikes! For some reason it's hard to find 26" cruisers. They really bring out the kid in me!

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sweeeeet!!!! I've been trying to get over to Austin and test ride one. I have a 24"bmx cruiser in the stable, but its just too small (more I'm too old) for the trails.

What size tires do you have? How is the clearance?

all you need is some ODI mushrooms and donuts.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Here's mine: an original 1997 with a wild paint job -- one of three that were done this way. New Profile cranks, Redline hubs, old Salsa BMX stem, LX brakes. Greg "Fireman" Mundy is still in business here in Austin. A welder from SE Racing is actually building the frames in Florida these days. Since I'm waiting for my new bike to come in, I did a 15-miler on my Cruzer today - they are indeed fun bikes. I put this one up in the classifieds awhile ago, but had no offers.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SpiderMike said:
Sweeeeet!!!! I've been trying to get over to Austin and test ride one. I have a 24"bmx cruiser in the stable, but its just too small (more I'm too old) for the trails.

What size tires do you have? How is the clearance?

all you need is some ODI mushrooms and donuts.
Thanks! LOL, I have some ODI mushrooms coming! The tires are 26x2, and the front has plenty of clearance. I am happy with the rear clearance, but the axle has to be about in the center of the droupouts for decent mud clearance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sparticus said:
The red velure seat adds to the sexy BMX/SS/cruiser mystique.

--Sparty
I just got that today :) It is red suede. I removed a racy looking WTB saddle that I wasnt feeling cuz it wasnt puttin off the right old skol vibe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts