Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I upgraded my workstation today, but not my laptop. I didn't get a chance to surf during work today, so nothing new yet. I am still reading the options/add-on compatibility/replacements for my key features.

I'll keep an eye out tomorrow when I get in to work if I can get some time to look for the issues you mention.

·
808+909 = Party Good Time
2,072 Posts
using 3 on pc at work and on Mac at home... only problem I noted was on the Mac when I held the apple key and clicked a link so it opened in a new tab, on some pages it worked and then on others it didn't. Mind you that was only one page it failed on out of about 100.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I installed it, and hour later I was back on Firefox 2. I will wait for month or two, before I will try again. Is it so hard to make basic things work properly? I would understand some obscure bugs, but not with basic things. :rolleyes:

·
Made in Canada
415 Posts
As much I as I love Firefox, I'm not going to get it yet, I don't want any compatibility issues so I can wait. BTW I can't see my typing cursor half the time on this site w/ FF2...

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Everything slowed down

and accessing my email was a PITA (it kept putting me back into another version of my email provider). I hated the new Bookmarks section. I tried to just use System Restore to go back a couple of days but that didn't work. Finally I went into Mozilla and found version 2.09 and re-installed that. Everything's back to normal now. I also use Opera but I'm not going to "update" to v. 9.5 for the same reasons I'm now not going to get v. 3.0 of Firefox. For now, at least.

·
Riding a Rig.
1,156 Posts
I've been using FF3 since beta 2. Its really a step in the right direction for FF.

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
I haven't had any problems with it, and im happy not to run into that huuuuge memory leak that FF2 had.

·
don't thread on me
429 Posts
I have had issues with some of the add-ons not functioning properly, and I have had a couple of unexplained freezes, but over-all seems to be OK.

Curious if someone can point out how to flush the cache on Firefox?

·
~I Ride In Circles ~
1,629 Posts
I downloaded it within minutes of the servers coming up... took me a while to get in.. but I got it.. and downloaded it like 10 times on various computers.

Zero problems though.. Love it.

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
no problems, just a question...

I had netscape 9 set up so that when I clicked on a new bookmark, it automatically opened the page in a new tab, how do I set up ff 3 to do that?

I have tried all the tab options, but if I click a bookmark, it opens it in the same tab, replacing the current page.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.