Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Pivot Firebird
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gticlay said:
I'm running 203mm F/R with 4-pot Saints. Great if you weigh more than 200lbs.
So I bought some AVID Codes 203/185 and when I got them, did some more research and have decided they are total overkill. I weight 185 geared. Trying to trade them for some Elixirs.... Going 185 F/R. Think that's best for my needs and weight savings. I would save almost a 1/2 pound! I hear the Codes are specifically for downhill.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
If you would like to try Stroker Carbons, I have some you can have super cheap. PM me. They are awesome for modulation and will be a lot of brake for someone that only weighs 185.

·
Registered
Pivot Firebird
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need to sell these first. Running out of cash. I had the Strokers on my 08 Reign. Still have 1 on there, the other broke. They were pretty good. But I had the sticky lever issue that Hayes had on their first batch in which they sent out the fix it kits....

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
daugela said:
I need to sell these first. Running out of cash. I had the Strokers on my 08 Reign. Still have 1 on there, the other broke. They were pretty good. But I had the sticky lever issue that Hayes had on their first batch in which they sent out the fix it kits....
Well, these don't have a sticky lever and are pretty darn good. Carbon levers with an extra in case you break one. Lemme know, they should be more powah than any 185lb rider could need.

·
sit! stay!
1,125 Posts
i'm having some marta sl's installed on the FB tomorrow... 180 fr, 160 rear... but i'm kinda shrimpy so they should be fine... they are also red and blingy looking... not to mention, light...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.