Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Ughhhhhhhhhhhh

· Registered
98 Posts
I rode to the opposite side of the river this morning across from where the fire started, saw one helicopter water drop, but it was onto green canopy where fire was traveling invisibly underneath, with just a bit of smoke rising. So the mountainside looked normal/green except where the fire had rushed up the steep hillside up to the east end of the Forresthill bridge. Not sure what the far side out toward Culvert Trail looks like yet, since the roads and trails leading there were closed.

Obligatory MTB content, rockin' new super-supple Rene Herse 29x1.7" (actual) tubeless knobbies for today's ride:

· Registered
44 Posts
I rode to the opposite side of the river this morning across from where the fire started, saw one helicopter water drop, but it was onto green canopy where fire was traveling invisibly underneath, with just a bit of smoke rising. So the mountainside looked normal/green except where the fire had rushed up the steep hillside up to the east end of the Forresthill bridge. Not sure what the far side out toward Culvert Trail looks like yet, since the roads and trails leading there were closed.

Obligatory MTB content, rockin' new super-supple Rene Herse 29x1.7" (actual) tubeless knobbies for today's ride:
You can't just drop in with a photo of THAT bike and not give a explanation of what the heck is going on there..

· Formerly dvo
2,542 Posts

What the **** is that thing? We need more photos and an explanation.

· Registered
98 Posts
Heh heh, it sure isn't anything new!

Patented 1893 and 1896 by Mikail Pedersen, I found mine being sold from an abandoned storage locker, then modified and raced since 1996 in MTB, road and cyclocross events.

It's quite the conversation starter!

See link and scroll down a bit, I'm the mtb racer guy doing the wheelie during track scouting the day before UCI round 1 (XC Expert class) back in 1998 at Skyline Park in Napa.

Below I'm doing some MTB, road and cyclocross racing on the Pedersen:

· Registered
44 Posts
Heh heh, it sure isn't anything new!

Patented 1893 and 1896 by Mikail Pedersen, I found mine being sold from an abandoned storage locker, then modified and raced since 1996 in MTB, road and cyclocross events.

It's quite the conversation starter!

See link and scroll down a bit, I'm the mtb racer guy doing the wheelie during track scouting the day before UCI round 1 (XC Expert class) back in 1998 at Skyline Park in Napa.

Below I'm doing some MTB, road and cyclocross racing on the Pedersen:

Wow! That thing is super interesting!

· Registered
98 Posts
Just saw on the news that the forward progress of the fire has been halted! Hope it holds out
I was out of town yesterday, but the videos show there was a major attack on this fire, knowing that if you can just stop it when it's a manageable size, before it turns into a Caldor situation with Iowa Hill and other communities in it's path 20 miles to the North and Forresthill maybe 14 miles to the ENE.
It'll probably cost 20 times what it would cost to control-burn the same acres outside of the fire season?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.