****. Need to get some rain soon...

·
dirt visionary
6,503 Posts
dang too soon too soon

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Damn. They just stared opening the roads back up too.

I just hope we can avoid Stage IV restrictions for a while. Or it rains more. Or both.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will happily take the restrictions over losing the playground from a fire. It sucks but after twelve years here I don't think the public can be trusted with such extreme conditions. Every spring/early summer I feel like we are on the edges of our seats just barely dodging the bullet. Hopefully we can make to the point where we get the Elden/DLH areas thinned before it's too late.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I will happily take the restrictions over losing the playground from a fire. It sucks but after twelve years here I don't think the public can be trusted with such extreme conditions. Every spring/early summer I feel like we are on the edges of our seats just barely dodging the bullet. Hopefully we can make to the point where we get the Elden/DLH areas thinned before it's too late.
I understand why they do it, and I support them when they do it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I understand why they close all the roads in winter, and I support it, but I don't like that it happens.

Having a sh*tty riding summer is Flag is a lot better than a bunch of mudslides coming into town again, that's for sure, but I still won't like it if they go to Stage IV, especially early in the season.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I still won't like it if they go to Stage IV, especially early in the season.
I'm okay with restrictions...but stage 4 is when they have closure orders...no thanks. I wish people would be responsible enough to not need the FS to tell them it's too dangerous to have a big camp fire or not to flick cigarette butts in the woods.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Me too. He keeps thing interesting I guess.

I once thought his comments came from something with purpose more than just casting a line off the back of a moving boat but not so much any more.
Well, what if the line gets casted off the bank of a creek, under a bridge? One like this... wallpaper.jpg

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I'm okay with restrictions...but stage 4 is when they have closure orders...no thanks. I wish people would be responsible enough to not need the FS to tell them it's too dangerous to have a big camp fire or not to flick cigarette butts in the woods.
I wouldn't care if they went to Stage III right now, and kept it until mid-July. Up until IV, it's not even a blip on my inconvenience radar.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wouldn't care if they went to Stage III right now, and kept it until mid-July. Up until IV, it's not even a blip on my inconvenience radar.
Sorry that saving our playground from dumb asses burning it down to the ground is an inconvenience but you will be ok. First world problems for sure. A little more time around here and you will understand better. I don't like closures either but fvck, we can't trust the public when conditions are extreme.

There are many more things to consider as part of this equation other than our riding schedules.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,398 Posts
But what if you had more guns in the forest? Would that not be safer?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yikes, won't be long before fire season here in CO. Hope you guys get some rain soon.
If there are stage 3/4 closure restrictions what areas will this affect other than the flagstaff area? Will the restrictions be in Sedona and Prescott areas as well?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Yikes, won't be long before fire season here in CO. Hope you guys get some rain soon.
If there are stage 3/4 closure restrictions what areas will this affect other than the flagstaff area? Will the restrictions be in Sedona and Prescott areas as well?
pretty simple... areas more prone to fire are closed first. That is usually the higher elevations... 5000 feet + restrictions are usually done based on National Forest boundaries... Check national forest web sites for information... I don't think this is anything new to you...

I don't think one section of Arizona is drier than another.... I do notice that Apache Sitgreaves seems to close first... and then Coconino, and then Prescott NF

1 - 20 of 25 Posts