Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading east this afternoon things looked ominous out towards Noble Canyon.

MTBill and I, wanted to get up top asap to see the scope of the fire.

Attachments

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
the wall ride shot is awesome!
Last I heard was that the fire is staying south-east of Noble & Pine Valley, but all it would take is a shift in the wind...
lots of fuel out there.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
A ways up, we decided to get in a little Skinny action. Nothing like Zilla's shtuff..but fun nonetheless.

I wish we had more fallen trees on our trails to play on.

Towards the summit...we could get a better idea of the scope of the fire...it's looking bad.

Attachments

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
just the stoke i needed today!

AWESOME shots!!!

looks like an investigation of the fire was a complete success! :thumbsup::D
may all your mountain fires remain contained and require similar investigations! :)

ps: sierra club does suck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Wow!

That wall ride grabbed my attention :thumbsup: but that drop in the the middle of the last set of pics is AWESOME :eek: - Thanks.

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
HELLO!!! :eek: that ain't no 3 foot to flat!

Props to the photog too. But please break off that one obstructionist branch next time you boost that, eh old fella? Call it "trail maintenance".

·
Leash Law Enforcer
1,118 Posts
Saw that tower of smoke on my way home from work last night. Sounds like the fire has stayed south of 8 so Noble is not affected . . . yet. Let's pray it doesn't head that way. I heard it's such a remote area that they can't really do much about it right now. No roads to get in and fight the flames.

BTW, nice pics Aqua.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
scepticshock said:
Nice shots Aqua! Which Camelbak are you sporting there?
It's a Mayhem. I could actually use an even bigger pack...this one's maxxed out.

I just noticed my car keys are flapping in the breeze...D'ohhhhhh!

Attachments

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
Tappoix said:
HELLO!!! :eek: that ain't no 3 foot to flat!

Props to the photog too. But please break off that one obstructionist branch next time you boost that, eh old fella? Call it "trail maintenance".
The drop looks a lot bigger from the side... But you're right, it's a solid 4.25' to slight transition... pretty nuts!!! (and the most fun drop on that trail)

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
In that 4th pic on the first post, it looks like it's time to get your rear shock rebuilt. That thing is bucking harder than the star of a Tijuana Donkey Show! Great Stoke BTW!

·
Well Biked
1,958 Posts
Aquaholic said:
It's a Mayhem. I could actually use an even bigger pack...this one's maxxed out.

I just noticed my car keys are flapping in the breeze...D'ohhhhhh!
I just got one too, and I hope it is not that easily maxed out.

Now you'll have no excuse not to wear a full face :D !

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
El Chingon said:
In that 4th pic on the first post, it looks like it's time to get your rear shock rebuilt. That thing is bucking harder than the star of a Tijuana Donkey Show! Great Stoke BTW!
No bucking, mate........tail whippage/nose wheelie.

Scotty:

I'm diggin' the Shimano's so far. I also put a set of XTR's on the Jones. No premature releasing, like I was getting with the Time's. I really appreciate the retension screw adjustment. I'm cranking 'em down and staying locked in tight. I've heard that Shimanos can be problematic in the mud...but, in this baked, martian environment....mud's not an issue.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts