Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got tricks for getting them out? Set my pack down in a nest of them when I was riding last night and well they basically made a new home in my camelbak...trying to figure out how one of them even got into my bladder.

Anyways ive been running the pack through water in the shower and dumping it out and every time another handful of ants floods out of it, any good tips on getting these guys to go away?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I am pretty sure they don't have gills so I would just throw a brick in the back and then in a bucket of water.

That or gas and a match SHOULD get rid of them....

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,597 Posts
Damn...that sucks.

Take everything out and run it through the washer. That's what I do every once and a while.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The answers in this thread, while world class, do not solve my fire ant problem :(

I ended up finally getting them out by hanging the pack under the shower head and just letting water flow into the pack and the ants flow out.

·
caninus xerophilous
1,741 Posts
bobdole said:
The answers in this thread, while world class, do not solve my fire ant problem :(

I ended up finally getting them out by hanging the pack under the shower head and just letting water flow into the pack and the ants flow out.
Sounds like you finally washed your pack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.