Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks to Dan and the boys @ On Top Bikes for getting me onto a sweet ride for next season!

won't be getting the first ride in for a while, would probably lose it, this is from Saturday!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
haha, you would definately lose it in the snow! nice build. I hope you have a lot of fun on her.

My one recommendation to you is to try the 7" setting at the back (top hole on the rocker link) to perhaps match up with the fork a bit better, and slacken the geometry and lower the BB. It should balance the bike a bit better with that setup. give it a shot and see what you think.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah will def be running it in 7", I wanted to see what it felt like in 8" (riding around my underground parking garage isn't a very good test though!) and took the pic then.

Build is some new stuff, and some stuff off my last bike:

New stuff -
Scythe Medium w/Roco TST R & Ti Spring (used but new to me)
Domain 318 1.5"
Orbit Xtreme Pro 1.5 headset
Rear wheel WTB Laserdisc on Formula hub
Stinger Chain tensioner
FSA Gap stem
Holzfeller Bars

Older stuff -
Juicy 7's
Saint cranks
X9 rear D
XT front D
X7 shifters
Wellgo pedals (usually run shimano DX clipless though)
Nevegal 2.5 front, Minion DHR 2.5 rear
Singletrack on Formula hub front wheel

Weight is about 42lbs, there's some places I can trim some off but this will be pretty much just a shuttle and park bike so not too bothered. Rear wheel is heavy but it's a pretty cheap but very strong build, will keep a look out for a good deal on a light hub.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Awesome ride!
Get Duke to take out the shock and flip it around so that the reservoir is stationary when the shock compresses so that only the piston moves. Its just less mass to move... won't make too much difference but just is a cleaner setup.
Pay no attention to some of the ones on our site... i didn't have an arbor press at the time so i couldn't swap the pins around in every case so took pics as is.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Nice rig Chris.

Guess this is why you are selling the Six frame. Nice complement bike to the Fluid LT.

I am seriously considering a Rune to replace the melted blob of metal that was a bike pre fire.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the Six and LT were a bit too similar so decided to get something bigger. Rode a few laps of Cypress today in some of the nastiest muddy snowy slushy conditions and it felt solid! I don't think you could go wrong with a Rune if it's your "one bike". Not getting another Covert?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Really on the fence on what to get. There were times last year when the Covert just wasn't enough gun. Toying with either trying a Rune as one bike do everything, or like you get a bigger 180mm front and rear and not worry about it's weight then a lighter AM bike.

I've never had a true "big" bike and like the idea of not having to pick my way down Cyps or the Dark Side. Even a "big" bike for me wouldn't be a dual crown lead sled. Ideally I'd like a Fromme bike and a everything else bike. We'll see how the budget plays out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts