Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the past two months or more i have been trying to figure out a replacement for my m1, something lighter....versital.....and something that actually pedals well. still a full on "big bike" that will take anything. i thought of every possible choice that i could think of. basically i want this bike to go anywhere on the mountain....i won't be shuttling as much because i dont have a ton of people who can do it. many of the good spots also require lots of pedalling to get to them. going to places like moab in the future also wouldn't be fun on a bike that you couldn't go everywhere on. hiking up the hill sucks...when you could just ride, not that DH bikes CANT be pedalled.

so basically i will be taking this to bike parks, DH trails and a few races, and just full out epic exploration type rides way up into the back of beyond....hopefully it will be the perfect bike.

all and all i decided on a VP free. i will swap out the boxxer team fork that comes on the complete "r fr" kit builds for a 36van rc2. i thought this fork mite be a little less than worthy at first but then after hearing more and testing it out a bit i think it will go well on the bike. so basically it will still be a long travel rig, just a bit less weight up front. opinions welcome....

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im hoping to order it from a friend at my local shop next week when i'm home from visiting family, and the 36 should be ordered that same day most likely. hope i can get both around the same time:thumbsup: should definetly work out i think. oh and i know you have a vpf too, im still unsure of what size..? im 6ft or so, so i was thinking a lrg? but then other people have made me think a medium would be better. glad it is also SMT approved:D

SuperKat7 said:
YEAHHHHHH!
Congrats EB. Great choice. The 36 should be sweet too.
When is it coming?

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
I guess I'm the worst person to ask about VP frame size. I'm 5'7" and I ride a medium frame but I run a 24 in the back. I think it's awesome but I am bashed constantly. Oh well.
Are you in between sizes (SC web site) like I am?
What color are you going with?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm...well im definetly going with black powdercoat. i talked to Steven Turner the head dude at SC...i think that was his name atleast, back when we talked he said i could ride either at 6ft. i guess as i suspected, the medium would work if i wanted to really whip it around while the lrg would work if i wanted more riding positions. i keep going back and fourth so im not sure:madman: i mite get fitted for it like he suggested. the TT length of the medium is kind of long already so i will have to think about that, thanks.

SuperKat7 said:
I guess I'm the worst person to ask about VP frame size. I'm 5'7" and I ride a medium frame but I run a 24 in the back. I think it's awesome but I am bashed constantly. Oh well.
Are you in between sizes (SC web site) like I am?
What color are you going with?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.