Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after months and months of BSing about a DH bike i finaly got one. full saint, 888rc, 729 rims, diabolus bar and stem, MRP system 3 with dyed rollers, and vanilla RC.

8 inches front and rear weighing in at 46 pounds. not bad eh?

i also snapped a few of my STP in its current state.

Attachments

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im like 5'10"ish i think....i need to lower the seat some though definlty

i bought it "used" off the classifieds i think and yeah its brand new cept for a couple of little dings in the stickers but i dont think it was ever built up the head tube and everything seemed like it'd never had a head set so yeah. shock was used though, its got some dirt and what not in it.

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OneBlueJoker said:
Thats a sick DH bike!! dont you go urban riding with cory and all the other dudes on dcstreet.com alot? Ive seen you post there ill finally be getting a big hit with a 04 shiver and hit up snowshoe and some other sick places this summer.
yeah dude, thurban stylin haha. corey and all those guys rock. you make it out on thursdays ever? could i have met you before?

·
Registered
355 Posts
zerossix said:
yeah dude, thurban stylin haha. corey and all those guys rock. you make it out on thursdays ever? could i have met you before?
Nah i havent ever made it out i have a red azonic ds-1..im 14 and my dad wont drive me to DC on a thursday night so i just ride around manassas city trying to find stuff. I wanna go to the 495 jumps but i dunno where they are :confused: ..maybe u could PM me and tell me?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Man that Cheeta is beautiful! Definitely a rarer bike considering they aren't made anymore and appears to be in tip-top shape. :D :drool: OH yea nice STP too. :)

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so i took it out earlier and it feels like im bottoming out the fork wayyyy to easily. im not a big guy what so ever, 140 lbs, and i bottomed it out nearly on a like 2.5 drop, witha litlte bit of a tranny but not much of one. but yeah i can nearly compress it compltely if i just bounce on it for a little while. the compression dial is dialled most of the way out, so its hardest but i still dont know.... any ideas, other then new springs?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
zerossix said:
so i took it out earlier and it feels like im bottoming out the fork wayyyy to easily. im not a big guy what so ever, 140 lbs, and i bottomed it out nearly on a like 2.5 drop, witha litlte bit of a tranny but not much of one. but yeah i can nearly compress it compltely if i just bounce on it for a little while. the compression dial is dialled most of the way out, so its hardest but i still dont know.... any ideas, other then new springs?
The 888? I'd try getting some heavier oil in it (maybe checking for appropriate oil heights) or even upgrading to a heavier spring. But remember you're supposed to be using most of your travel, so its gonna feel like you're using more than you should be (unless you really are, lol) also try messing with the adjustments and maybe making it more progressive?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.