Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Romic coil from FoShizzle last week and have ridden the X5 twice since then. I feel significantly less pedal feedback with the coil than I did with the Float. The additional weight of the Romic over the Fox feels negligible, due to the better pedaling characteristics. Wow, is the X-5 a nice riding bike! On the first ride with the Romic, I took it down one of the few somewhat technical trails here in Boise, and it made it feel like a groomed fire road. I have to say I'm initially impressed. Just waiting to see how long the Romic lasts!

The only downside? With the plushness of the Romic on the rear, the TALAS up front feels pretty stiff. So....is anybody out there interesting in purchasing a lightly used 2004 TALAS RLC? It's freshly rebuilt from the Fox factory, with brand new uppers, a new crown, new steerer (uncut), new bushings, new wipers, and fresh oil. PM or email me.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Uh oh...

Earthpig said:
Got my Romic coil from FoShizzle last week and have ridden the X5 twice since then. I feel significantly less pedal feedback with the coil than I did with the Float. The additional weight of the Romic over the Fox feels negligible, due to the better pedaling characteristics. Wow, is the X-5 a nice riding bike! On the first ride with the Romic, I took it down one of the few somewhat technical trails here in Boise, and it made it feel like a groomed fire road. I have to say I'm initially impressed. Just waiting to see how long the Romic lasts!

The only downside? With the plushness of the Romic on the rear, the TALAS up front feels pretty stiff. So....is anybody out there interesting in purchasing a lightly used 2004 TALAS RLC? It's freshly rebuilt from the Fox factory, with brand new uppers, a new crown, new steerer (uncut), new bushings, new wipers, and fresh oil. PM or email me.
oh boy....I can see the writing on the wall my friend....My X-5 started out with a Talas, 317 rims, .....and had morphed into the bike I love even more now than when it all started.

Glad to see you like the Romic. I really dig em.

The Talas just felt like a girly-man fork and simply cannot keep up with the rest of the bike, especially in the rough where it really lacks a robust feel.

* First pic = girly-man
* second pic = manly-man (well, except me of course...I am still a girly-man)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.