Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it was cool. I was the one telling him to do it. He would have hit a lot more of them if there was more air in the tires.

All we did was put studded tires on them. Mine has wide rims to spread the studs out.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lower pressure helps flatten out the contact patch for more surface area on the ground. From looking at this further, his rims aren't wide enough to do that. Too much of a chance for snake biting as the picture showed was going to happen.

My rims are ~42mm and the tire just clears the rim looking down on it. All the studs are on the ground. Don't worry, I am not planning of high speed cornering, while leaning the bike over on ice.

Getting the mileage in for break in. There is some ice where we are riding as well. The tires really do bite, foot down and you just slide.

·
cranktankerous Mainer
610 Posts
ride it before you try it.

Radair you dope! You run low air pressure to get an extra good work out and burn lots of Holiday calories, pushing those blobby meats around on those heavy hoops of death is a sure gut buster! Plus by running such low air pressure you have the added bonus of everyone standing around you doing the "I'm freezing my balls off" dance when your always fixing a tube in zero degree weather, that's always fun.

I'm just kidding. The real reason you run such low air pressure is that it adds float in snow dummy. You every see that movie Star Wars, probably not, but this guy named Luke has the land speeder that hovers above the ground...well same concept the less air you put in a massively heavy wide tire it will just make the bike float, almost hover above the powder, its amazing! You should try it you big dummy.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Toddski said:
Radair you dope! You run low air pressure to get an extra good work out and burn lots of Holiday calories, pushing those blobby meats around on those heavy hoops of death is a sure gut buster! Plus by running such low air pressure you have the added bonus of everyone standing around you doing the "I'm freezing my balls off" dance when your always fixing a tube in zero degree weather, that's always fun.

I'm just kidding. The real reason you run such low air pressure is that it adds float in snow dummy. You every see that movie Star Wars, probably not, but this guy named Luke has the land speeder that hovers above the ground...well same concept the less air you put in a massively heavy wide tire it will just make the bike float, almost hover above the powder, its amazing! You should try it you big dummy.
Very cool insert shot Severe'em, I think we should advise our fellow CNH members to wear a helmet, we can't afford to lose any members. ;) Kidding Ed of course. I think a shuttle ride on Mt K. is in order for this winter when conditions are right, Rob how cool would that be? Todd I liked that poster you know.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ed wants us to climb Mt K. this winter. What do you think about that Mink, possible? Is it a wise idea? It should be fun if we give the ride enough time.

I told him he should sway away from the drop due to lack of helmet, then gave up and bugged him to do it.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Severum said:
Ed wants us to climb Mt K. this winter. What do you think about that Mink, possible? Is it a wise idea? It should be fun if we give the ride enough time.

I told him he should sway away from the drop due to lack of helmet, then gave up and bugged him to do it.
If my dream works out we will have a ride up on a shuttle and ride the 4 miles down on our bikes...multiple times.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.