Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
will rant for food
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made it. 780mm wide, flat plane, 27.5° sweep, oodles and oodles of hand grip length, 101.6mm (4") wide section at the stem with the 31.8mm diameter (for bike packing attachments per customer spec), I can freaking stomp on them, they survive stem clamping well beyond 5Nm, mass is 235g.

I've shipped bars before for testing / feedback purposes, but this is the first time for money.

I'm exhausted. Now to do this routinely.

Time to bang out a few more bars -- including some non-planar bars with rather complex curvature -- and then it is on to making forks.

I thought I would be elated to reach this point -- it's more like a sense of relief. I have some (modest, by today's standards) debts to pay.

·
Formerly of Kent
12,298 Posts
Those look really nice. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I finally made it. 780mm wide, flat plane, 27.5° sweep, oodles and oodles of hand grip length, 101.6mm (4") wide section at the stem with the 31.8mm diameter (for bike packing attachments per customer spec), I can freaking stomp on them, they survive stem clamping well beyond 5Nm, mass is 235g.

I've shipped bars before for testing / feedback purposes, but this is the first time for money.

I'm exhausted. Now to do this routinely.

View attachment 1924661

Time to bang out a few more bars -- including some non-planar bars with rather complex curvature -- and then it is on to making forks.

I thought I would be elated to reach this point -- it's more like a sense of relief. I have some (modest, by today's standards) debts to pay.
Awesome! Great to see you reach this milestone. Looking forward to seeing whats next.

·
will rant for food
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great work, those look nice! What is the price on those beauties? Is your email the best route for ordering?
Thanks! Email is generally the first thing I check on a given day, so that's a "yes" to email. You can also text or call 651 424-8555 -- please don't be offended if I'm unresponsive on the phone during daylight hours.

It seems to me I need to work on my paint game. I added some clear coat and it is... ehhhh... not bad, not great. I'll learn that next. If I had to guess, surface cleanliness needed to be 100% pre-application and I had it at like 96% or whatever that is not 100%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts