Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/xc_full_suspension/product_128471.shtml

I forgot to add shipping in my purchase price.

I could have gone on more about the suspension tuning aspects. I found I like the ride a little on the soft side as I'm not doing any big hits. Makes for a Cadillac ride over rocky trails. The down side of this setup is the nose dives a bit on fast downhill stopping (love those hydraulic disks!). I tried it this weekend with a bit more positive fork and rear shock air felt was a bit more harsh than required for the trail. I'd recommend new owners bring a shock pump with them on the first few rides to tune things in.

Note: It would be interesting to see other riders here post their favorite suspension settings, based on rider weight and riding style.

I had heard that climbing is better if you don't lock out (or set it to floodgate) the rear on rocky accents, I have to agree. The rear tire hops around a lot more if you do. On smooth climbs I do use the Floodgate feature on the rear and lock the dampening on the forks. I've yet to use full lockout on the rear and don't really see the need.

Couldn't have picked a better bike!

--
Bill

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ibex update

Give it time, I now have just over 200 miles on the bike and believe it on not it get's even better. It seems after the shocks get some mileage on them they become more responsive to dialing in. The bike rocks:thumbsup:

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
"Break in" period

Bulldogger said:
Give it time, I now have just over 200 miles on the bike and believe it on not it get's even better. It seems after the shocks get some mileage on them they become more responsive to dialing in. The bike rocks:thumbsup:
You'll find that forks and shocks typically do have some break-in period before they are at their optimal performance. In adition, disc brake pads will need to bed in before they too are optimal. That 200 mile mark is about right for suspension components to feel right.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts