Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
HappyStinkyDude said:
you all were right. I am kicking myself for not hitting it sooner, it's a frickin blast!!! Ride on bros.
Nice work!!!!
That lip would have launched you i imagine, looks like you made it pretty easily.
At least everyone can shut up now and stop hassling you about not hitting it!! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The "Jump" Takeoff...

ironhorsebike1 said:
that's awesome. it looks really fun. i have to find something like that.
how did it feel with the jump for the takeoff? was it akward at all.
and did you solve the problem of speed or was there any gnar case-age?
was perfect, just a little pump with the legs and pull of the arms and it was flowing. Probably about 15-18 MPH was ideal...I did go too fast the 1st time and got good and squirelly on the runout. Second time was probably my shortest, landing only about 2 feet (rear wheel)or so from the lip of the tranny. Several more runs and I think I got it evened out. No gnar case-age today, no crashing at all to speak of. It was a good day, gotta love it when you get the demons outta your head and a ton of weight off ya shoulders....

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
826 Posts
HappyStinkyDude said:
was perfect, just a little pump with the legs and pull of the arms and it was flowing. Probably about 15-18 MPH was ideal...I did go too fast the 1st time and got good and squirelly on the runout. Second time was probably my shortest, landing only about 2 feet (rear wheel)or so from the lip of the tranny. Several more runs and I think I got it evened out. No gnar case-age today, no crashing at all to speak of. It was a good day, gotta love it when you get the demons outta your head and a ton of weight off ya shoulders....
sweet. good days are always better when they're un-sketch.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Props man... nice job...
Now take care of the family...;) :D

·
Registered
736 Posts
Nice work, looks fun! Did any of your bro's hit it up? I see several other bikes, but no pics of them.

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
Good job man! That rain looked like it helped pack down the lip! See, it was all in your head! I had a case of that, took me like 5 hits on this double to finally no-footer it and after that I was fine..Mainly because I didnt have my roach shin savers on but oh well. Just a big mind game :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Despite...

O~Hi~O said:
Nice work, looks fun! Did any of your bro's hit it up? I see several other bikes, but no pics of them.
the other bikes in the photos no one else has hit it yet. I think I hit it about 6 or 7 times yesterday for these photos...the hike up to the top of the ridgeline is an effort.
Some more locals might come up sometime, so....it wouldn't be me (other than a little tweek), but you could definetely pull a trick off it, a predictable takeoff with great airtime!

·
Registered
736 Posts
HappyStinkyDude said:
the other bikes in the photos no one else has hit it yet. I think I hit it about 6 or 7 times yesterday for these photos...the hike up to the top of the ridgeline is an effort.
Some more locals might come up sometime, so....it wouldn't be me (other than a little tweek), but you could definetely pull a trick off it, a predictable takeoff with great airtime!
So you hiked up and everyone else just watched? Better get on their case like some of these guys did before you hit it...lol

"Come on bro....hit it" "It's getting dark already" " Don't think too long just hit it"

lol...
Nah, just messin', peer pressure blow's! Sometimes a lil encoragement is good but I always hated it when my bro's would pressure me above a 30 footer on the board, however sometimes it's what got me to break through to that next level.

Then as you stated, the mental barrier is broken and you wondered why it took so long to hit it.

I'm still trying to transfer this thought process over to dirt, as the snow is just much more forgiving on a good powda day. Maybe we all should spend time riding in Utah where the red bull rampage was held. I heard that dirt is forgiving there!? Good place to get used to going big and getting comfortable, then venture back to the home land and stomp the big stuff on the "unforgiving" terrain.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.