Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted to try a single speed on the trail. Sure, I've rode them in parking lots, but never on the trail. A few weeks ago I started my journey with the purchase of the Soulcraft Convert kit. I got last week and started converting my Klein. The result is a quick and light ss convert.

Last weekend I took the bike out for its maiden voyage to my typical quick loop. The trail is sticky dirt and mud, ruts, and roots. The climbs are short but tracktion is limited. I call it the "Landing Road Loop", which incorporates a short 2 hour loop around the Patapsco State Park, in Maryland.

I was quite surprised how much fun it was. I plan on riding the bike over the next few weeks and come up with a better review of my experiance. I now know why single speeds are so popular. They are a totally different experiance...

Heres my convert

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Your chain looks a little loose. Bring it out for the ride with Joe (riderX) and the gang (if you don't already) on the MORE night ride tonight. Check out the calendar at more-mtb.org.

·
I am the owl
1,908 Posts
B-more SSers are taking over the trails. And my evangelism isn't even responsible for this one!

That picture looks like it was taken in my back yard. Listen to the D-man though and tighten that chain. Then go ride the hell out of it.

·
pepito
640 Posts
put the chain tensioner in "push-up" mode. that'll take the slack right outta that there chain.

the_dude

almost forgot to mention......nice bike!

·
Registered
148 Posts
sweet mid-90's chic rig.

I have to agree with RiderX as well, I'm pleasantly suprised with how often I come across SSers in the area. Almost to the point where I'm a little let down when I cross paths with a gearie!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I cought that after I took the picture. I re-read the soulcraft instructions and found they recommend push mode. Thanks for the suggestion... now I know the change was a good idea.

I'll check the board... and try to hook up with ya'll next time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts