Awesome, what color is that?
Semi Gloss Black

Am i a homer now??

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Jase810 said:
Am i a homer now??
Getting a frame is not enough. You need to be obsessed. Post about turners 100 times more and get a Pushed shock and a G.D. ;-)

Then you are in.

Owning a Turner and being a Homer are not the same thing.

But really, Homerdom is not something you strive for. It's like being a nerd. It just happens and if it does, be proud of it, not ashamed of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can I be a homer? Horst link Six Pack, Zoke AM1, pushed... even Delvac super grease in the zirks! I Love This frame You will love it too. Turner is excellent. congrats! just remember that it is not a XC frame it will take a little getting used to. It takes time to get comfortable with speed like that. mostly the watery eyes and windburn on the cheeks.
I would Highly suggest that you go with a Zoke AM1 with the lock down feature. It will sqaush down and lock down at the equivalent length of a 2-3" fork and it gives like 1.5" of travel.. It makes climbing almost as good as a little xc bike. With it locked down you can stand and really lean on you bars, try that with all six inches! not happenin. I have ridden whole rides with it locked down. I have even jumped it forgetting it is locked, no problems. When you go back down throw the lever and 6" is back. Also tst and lock out are great I use all the features on this fork every ride it has been great.
Have fun on your new Turner!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You speak the truth. I am ashamed. I used sound judgment and logic to pick the AM1. true homer'dom requires all available plushness and stiffness. I a new homer, gentle chastisement shall lead me to the enlightened path.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
You speak the truth. I am ashamed. I used sound judgment and logic to pick the AM1. true homer'dom requires all available plushness and stiffness. I a new homer, gentle chastisement shall lead me to the enlightened path.
No probs we provide plenty of chastisement:D

Oh for the newly inducted

Homer = sound judgement:nono:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I do have a titanium Chris King water bottle cage. It saves a lot of weight. I can totally feel the difference. When I pull huge air I totally feel more balanced. I think I go further too. I was going to go for the anodized version but I said " NO WAY!" "That would totally weigh me down!" Natural Ti is the bombdigity I have been looking for a C.K Titanium water bottle, but I can't seem to find one. Anyone Know where to look?

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Can I be a homer? Horst link Six Pack, Zoke AM1, pushed... even Delvac super grease in the zirks! I Love This frame You will love it too. Turner is excellent. congrats! just remember that it is not a XC frame it will take a little getting used to. It takes time to get comfortable with speed like that. mostly the watery eyes and windburn on the cheeks.
I would Highly suggest that you go with a Zoke AM1 with the lock down feature. It will sqaush down and lock down at the equivalent length of a 2-3" fork and it gives like 1.5" of travel.. It makes climbing almost as good as a little xc bike. With it locked down you can stand and really lean on you bars, try that with all six inches! not happenin. I have ridden whole rides with it locked down. I have even jumped it forgetting it is locked, no problems. When you go back down throw the lever and 6" is back. Also tst and lock out are great I use all the features on this fork every ride it has been great.
Have fun on your new Turner!
Sun shine junky = sunshynjunky, Im gonna hazard a guess here u must be a chick to come up with such a name and speak such speak and sense above then ya go and talk about the below! my bad if Im wrong:confused:

I do have a titanium Chris King water bottle cage. It saves a lot of weight. I can totally feel the difference. When I pull huge air I totally feel more balanced. I think I go further too. I was going to go for the anodized version but I said " NO WAY!" "That would totally weigh me down!" Natural Ti is the bombdigity I have been looking for a C.K Titanium water bottle, but I can't seem to find one. Anyone Know where to look?
Now no dis ya noobie but Homers don't use water bottle cages we use back paks (Camelbak Mayhems Hawgs Dakine Nomads, Apex go large or go home) as not to dispoil our steads (Turners).

Cages are GHEY:D but allowed sorta on Flux's and Nitrous you need to read section d para 510, Turners and water bottle cages what a Homer can mount on his/her frame:p

OK theres allot in the Homer manual so well let ya away with it again this time.

Now there are chicks riding RFXs here with 36s and 66 Zokes so don't let that hold ya back and theyre slight of frame too just gutsy so don't hold back;):p

·
Registered
78 Posts
the mocking humor was wasted on this crowd. I was hoping that the "homer" term was half doh! and half greek poetry. I know cages are ghey And what is more ghey than a ti cage? see ya

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
the mocking humor was wasted on this crowd. I was hoping that the "homer" term was half doh! and half greek poetry. I know cages are ghey And what is more ghey than a ti cage? see ya
Now don't be like that, twas not wasted I did get it, what it takes a we while to understand, and I fell into this too when I was a noobie is that the Homer Humour is even more twisted and mocking so I was back at ya mix that with my kiwi flavour and no wonder youre as stumped as the veterans who know me well:D but they have just learnt to put up with me or ignore me or both.

see ya :p

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think a bottle cage is just fine ..... means you don't have to get off the couch to go to the kitchen for a drink. And its a Turner .... you can't over-accesorize! Just don't go into those nasty outdoors.

·
Gravity Rides Everything
1,126 Posts
turners really are just as good as everyone says. :thumbsup: i finally entered homerdom in january after lurking around asking dumb questions on this board for 2-3 years :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts