Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
A mtb rider from Isreal
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love how quiet it is and smooth over the rocks. Finally i will hear the birds sing and leaves blow in the wind ;) . (I come from a Marin wolf ridge and the bike is very noisy)

Bike setup:
* Frame Size & Color: 2010 XL, Gold Dust Orange .
* Rear Shock: RP23.
* Fork: FOX TALAS 32 RLC FIT QR15 150MM.
* Brakes: MAGURA LOUISE CARBON with , 7" rotors.
* Shifter: XTR.
* Cranks: XT.
* Rear Derailleur: XT.
* Pedals: DX 647.
* Stem: FSA.
* Handlebar: Truavtiv Team.
* Seatpost: KS 900R.
* Saddle: WTB Laser V.
* Chainring: XT.
* Cassette: XT.
* Headset: FSA.
* Grips: ODI.
* Rims: Mavic XM 819
* Hubs: Hadley
* Rear Tire: Continental Rubber Queen UST 2.2
* Front Tire: Maxis High Roller 2.35 LUST
*Weight: 32.5 lb (14.75 kg) ( not bad for XL frame, all-mountain components and adjustable seatpost )

*Rider Setup
*Weight: 187 lb (85kg)
*Height: 6.1 ft (186 cm)

Thank you for the information and, pictures and your thoughts (Im a salient reader on this forum). Any thoughts, questions and suggestions are welcomed.
:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
A mtb rider from Isreal
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In a word: WoW.
Sorry but my English is not god enough to describe how good they ride. But they are mach more better then the Marin.

·
the refurbished one
723 Posts
@BUGY
what inseam length do you have?

thanks

·
the refurbished one
723 Posts
;)

and really nice ride btw!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sizing Question

Beautiful build! I love the orange.
I am also 6'1" and am curious how you find the XL size wise. Especially curious on how you found the longer head tube fit wise? what size stem are you running? Also curious if you have found any issues running the KS seatpost with the longer seat tube (does it go low even)?

Appreciate your feedback as I am presently going back and forth on whether to buy a L or an XL.

-Shane

·
A mtb rider from Isreal
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seleniak said:
Beautiful build! I love the orange.
I am also 6'1" and am curious how you find the XL size wise. Especially curious on how you found the longer head tube fit wise? what size stem are you running? Also curious if you have found any issues running the KS seatpost with the longer seat tube (does it go low even)?

Appreciate your feedback as I am presently going back and forth on whether to buy a L or an XL.

-Shane
1) The long seat tube fits me fine, but, 1 cm more end it would be a problem when setting the max height of the KS. But its perfect as it is. see pic.

2) I personally find the XL size very good fit, to me. And in general, its better to have a bigger sized frame then a smaller one. You can play w/ the steam length. But it depends on your riding style.
3) My stem is 90mm long and 6 degrees up.
If you still choosing frame size, then I suggest you call Dave.

Attachments

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Nice. That is my kind of build. No nonsense. Looks like you are also built like a monkey (no offense, I find the new generation top tubes a bit short so larger size is needed). That tire combo looks the business. I have been running High Roller most of this year, but went looking for more traction in the rear. Just got a Rubber Queen this week to pair up with the front HR.

·
A mtb rider from Isreal
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The Rubber Queen 2.2 is huge and have a lot of air, so you can run it at low pressure (tubeless only), I love it as rear. Its actually bigger then the HR 2.35!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bugy

Where do you live?

We have tons of great trails here in the Park Britania area - three fools on Turners.

I think PSI calls us the Flying maneschevitz Brothers.

·
Registered
723 Posts
nice bike! and thanks for the honest weight. i can never quite figure out how everybody seems to getting 27 lb bikes out of the dw spot or sultan and yours is tubeless to boot. did u buy it in the states or over here? enjoy your ride and any chance you are from the haifa area?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts